Olympic flame visits Dublin

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Managed to get a quick video of the Olympic Flame as it passed outside the office in Dublin City Centre today. Great to see it in Dublin.

Torch was being carried by Tony Sutherland, father of the late Olympic bronze medal winning boxer Darren Sutherland. Anyone else see it today?

The Daily Mail didn't think much of the flame being brought south to Dublin: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2155401/If-irritated-carried-torch-look-away-Z-listers-Jedward-run-Olympic-flame--doing-IRELAND.html

That rag is still stuck in the Stone Age...

Wouldn't wipe me backside with that rag, awful publication.

I'll soon be a captain of industry Anto and will build my O gauge brass empire with the proceeds!

I don't read any newspapers, as I believe they are all rags.

I have no interest whatsoever in the Olympics, but I agree with comments that only atheletes should carry the torch - those pair of twits shouldn't have been let near it, nor Will-i-am in England either.

From the sounds of it, there are going to be a lot of empty seats at the games, unless they start giving away tickets for free.