Donor for gatwick Gen van

Rate this question

Liverbird81

Question

15 answers to this question

The nearest thing would be a Lima Mk 2b Brake 1st, as the Gatwick Gen van was converted from an NIR Brake Generator Van, which in turn started life as a Mk 2b Brake 1st. Much modification is required, including removal of the passenger accommodation.

Leave the interior inplace - just seal up all the passenger windows. Ideal beginners project

Since you said please - the windows that were filled in are still visible, also the window on 1 side beside the guards door is filled in, but the frame still remains...not clear on the drawing

The windows that were 'filled in' are not visible in the sense of an aperture. There is nothing physical there to be modelled. There may well be some sort of distortion in the panelling where the windows were, but not something that would appear in a drawing.

The window beside the guards door has either had the glass removed and replaced with a sheet, or the glazing is still there, but either way it has been painted over with the frame still there. Drawing amended.

The one glaring omission that was not mentioned, are the two grilles that should be on one side. I have yet to find dimensions for them, as I do not have a decent picture of that side, and forgot that they were not on the drawing. Temporary amendment done.

8911.jpg

The windows that were 'filled in' are not visible in the sense of an aperture. There is nothing physical there to be modelled.

Quite correct Dhu - I believe it's actually an additional plating over that portion of the coach.

I've used these photos taken by the most excellent wanderer produce a drawing of 8911 -

This is my effort, and I reckon the dims of the "offside" vents are 1241 x 673mm in total, or 2 feet by 4 feet for the opening, and a frame around it. Smashing drawing incidentally! Richie.

nir 9811.jpg

Quite correct Dhu - I believe it's actually an additional plating over that portion of the coach.

I've used these photos taken by the most excellent wanderer produce a drawing of 8911 -

This is my effort, and I reckon the dims of the "offside" vents are 1241 x 673mm in total, or 2 feet by 4 feet for the opening, and a frame around it. Smashing drawing incidentally! Richie.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15733[/ATTACH]

Thanks for posting your drawing. I can now update my own drawing. My drawing is basically an official NIR Mk2c drawing scanned and reworked on my PC copying and pasting original windows and doors, with extra features added as required. David