Source or Orange/Tan paint

Rate this question

Noel

Question

Hi Folks

This has probably been answered here before, but I failed to find threads on it using search.

Is there a source for CIE tan colour enamel paints suitable for spraying? A

Also a source for CIE logo broken wheel for wagons?

Many thanks

Noel

8 answers to this question

Dhu, there is this weird thing about the Craven coach colours that no-one seems to have mentioned-the orange on both the black and tan variant and the tippex version is identical - that rascal mr. Murphy! So perhaps not the bext benchmark?

Acrylic - Citadel - Troll slayer orange + Mournefang Brown at a ratio of 9:1 is supertrain to match perfectly phoenix paints.

Revell No 30 mixed 50/50 with Revell No 85 gives a nice satin finish orange, which is a good match with MM Cravens coaches.. Railtec Transfers also have a good range of Irish transfers, including the broken wheel logo.

This mixture does match the Precision paint colour as well. It was the Precision colour that I used initially, but the ban on sending even small quantities of paint by post in the UK led me to find a local source of paint.

Dhu, there is this weird thing about the Craven coach colours that no-one seems to have mentioned-the orange on both the black and tan variant and the tippex version is identical - that rascal mr. Murphy! So perhaps not the bext benchmark?

Shouldn't they be the same? I always thought the only change to Craven's from the B&T livery to the IR/IE livery was the addition of the 2 white 3-inch strips above and below the black band. As far as I'm aware the mk3's and possibly the Galway mk2's were the only coaches to carry the brighter 'orange' livery but I could be very wrong there! :)