Layout for sale

Rate this topic

Dave

I have a customer that wants to sell his layout that I built for him last year. It was built in June and to a very high standard.

It comes with an ESU Ecos 50200 DCC controller, an Ecos detector that can detect locos around the layout also it can shuttle trains.

All points are fitted with Cobalt DCC point motors that are controlled from the touch screen of the Ecos and routes can be selected as well.

It's 3050mm long and 1500mm wide (10' x 5') beaks into 3 sections and is fully portable. The upper section lifts off.

He is looking for €3,000 or nearest offer.

If you would like further information or to view the layout please do not hesitate to contact me.

2014-07-23 20.42.58.jpg

2014-07-23 11.00.55.jpg

2014-07-23 11.01.11.jpg

2014-07-23 11.01.22.jpg

2014-07-23 11.01.29.jpg

2014-07-23 11.01.40.jpg

2014-07-23 20.39.56.jpg

2014-07-23 20.40.07.jpg

2014-07-23 20.40.24.jpg

2014-07-23 20.40.29.jpg

2014-07-23 20.41.07.jpg

2014-07-23 20.41.13.jpg

2014-07-23 20.41.42.jpg

2014-07-23 20.42.23.jpg

2014-07-23 20.42.44.jpg

Thanks Bos:tumbsup: Wait till you see the next one I've been commissioned to do! Container terminal, large TMD, faller car system with container trucks, full automatic level crossing. A container ship over a metre long with DCC sound and smoke!

What an impressive and professional job. You can tell there has also been serious attention paid to the electronics, lighting and signalling. The buildings and scenery are equally impressive. I especially like the embankment. Top class.

PS: The ESU 50200 DCC controller as expected looks the biz. I nearly went for it last year, however our layout needed cabs at different locations but the ESU Mobile Control II cabs were outrageously expensive and poor value so we went with NCE instead as a compromise.

What an impressive and professional job. You can tell there has also been serious attention paid to the electronics, lighting and signalling. The buildings and scenery are equally impressive. I especially like the embankment. Top class.

PS: The ESU 50200 DCC controller as expected looks the biz. I nearly went for it last year, however our layout needed cabs at different locations but the ESU Mobile Control II cabs were outrageously expensive and poor value so we went with NCE instead as a compromise.

Thanks Noel, yes the ESU is fantastic, the Mobile Control II Cabs are brilliant, but as you say too expensive. A great value for money option is the Roco Z21 system. I like the NCE system but it seems the Americans have an attitude of if it ain't broke don't fix it and have fallen behind Europe on DCC control.

Thanks Noel, yes the ESU is fantastic, the Mobile Control II Cabs are brilliant, but as you say too expensive. A great value for money option is the Roco Z21 system. I like the NCE system but it seems the Americans have an attitude of if it ain't broke don't fix it and have fallen behind Europe on DCC control.

Hi Dave. The Roco Z21 is a touch screen interface. I use similar WiThrottle cab app on old iPhones for wireless control on our layout (via JMRI hooked into the NCE box). WiThrottle is a great little cab app, but personally I prefer the tactile feel of a button, key or knob rather than touch screen for operating throttles. One good advantage of WiThrottle is the function buttons can be labelled to match each locos functions/sound channels. But the PITA is a PC is needed between the iPhones/iPads and the DCC controller. A pal of mine (a forumite here) is right now building a small black box that will emulate JMRI interface and allow WiThrottle control a DCC controller directly without the need for a PC. Hopefully I will get to see his prototype unit if its ready for trial over the weekend.

Anyway back on topic. The layout really is a top drawer commission and was amazed you managed it in just 5 weeks. Well done. I love the signalling and lighting. Noel

Thanks Bos:tumbsup: Wait till you see the next one I've been commissioned to do! Container terminal, large TMD, faller car system with container trucks, full automatic level crossing. A container ship over a metre long with DCC sound and smoke!

Wow!!!!!!! Make sure to put up some pics! That layout's stunning!

• 4 weeks later...