16 spitfires in a flypast!

Rate this topic

heirflick

Just one Spitfire, but a little bit lower....

Ray Hanna flying it - a real pilot.

There are old pilots, and bold pilots, but very few old bold pilots - he was one of the few exceptions who thankfully lived to pass away in a bed of natural causes!!!

The still photo at the end of the video suggests he very nearly had a prop strike which would have been fatal. Superb skills but NO kudos for pushing the envelope so far outside the safety margin even for top display pilots.

Edited by Noel

There are old pilots, and bold pilots, but very few old bold pilots - he was one of the few exceptions who thankfully lived to pass away in a bed of natural causes!!!

The still photo at the end of the video suggests he very nearly had a prop strike which would have been fatal. Superb skills but NO kudos for pushing the envelope so far outside the safety margin even for top display pilots.

I grew up seeing the Arrows, back in the Gnat days, five days a week - you got a bit blasé about it all, but I still got off my bike when one buzzed me as a cycled across a football pitch once - went home reeking of paraffin. Could have been the man himself.