Possible Irish conversion job?

Rate this topic

Dunluce, you're a dab hand at converting things.... maybe worth starting a thread on what contemporary stuff out there is suitable gift conversion to Irish models..... there must be loads of British 0.6.0s which could be adapted to GNR, BCDR, NCC or GSR / CIE locos.

Sometimes bargains can be had on ebay - I recently saw an old 0.4.0 of some sort which would have been an ideal donor for an inside cylinder CIE 4.4.0 - wheels were about right for several GSR prototypes. It was about £15 sterling.

There's a Bachmann " Y " Class, or as we call it the " N " Class which I think should make a good candidate for an NCC Loco, of course I could be very wrong, no doubt someone on here will confirm, there's a reference to the N Class on an earlier tread, about taking the body off an N Class,

There's a Bachmann " Y " Class, or as we call it the " N " Class which I think should make a good candidate for an NCC Loco, of course I could be very wrong, no doubt someone on here will confirm, there's a reference to the N Class on an earlier tread, about taking the body off an N Class,

Ys and Ns? Are you confusing Jinties with Woolwich Moguls?

The NCC Class Y were two LMS 3F (Jinty) locos regauged to to 5ft 3in. The N class was the UK designation for the Woolwich Moguls, a type also used here in Ireland, where they were designated K1.

Two very different animals...

Edited by Garfield

Ys and Ns? Are you confusing Jinties with Woolwich Moguls?

The NCC Class Y were two LMS 3F (Jinty) locos regauged to to 5ft 3in. The N class was the UK designation for the Woolwich Moguls, a type also used here in Ireland, where they were designated K1.

Two very different animals...

Thanks gar, do'nt know just what I was thinking, if at all,:doh: