James May - Toy Trains

Rate this topic

Noel

What's the controller he's using ?

A Hornby one from that era HM 2000

r8012.jpg

Which was a massive improvement on the 4 step Hornby Dublo controller I first used. I remember the unique click click click noise it made as you rotated the knob.

mAKVSOvCE79s6XN0QP6_LVA.jpg

Edited by Noel

Mind you this 905 was a good system in its day. They could be plugged side by side into an array with rows of hornby point levers placed on top. I still have one but gutted the innards around 1978 to put a scratch built inertia controller in it.

$_1.JPG

Mind you this was "THE ONE" everybody wanted but couldn't afford. It was the best of the best in its day. The HM& Duette

Hammant-amp-Morgan-Duette-39-OO-39-Gauge-Dual-Control-Unit_700_600_6HXCC.jpg

At 5.12 on the video there is a pal of mine called Barry Fentiman, a serious WRENN colector

He told me he almost hit James May when he reached for the W2408 Gold Plated 0-6-0 Tank

They were a non powered loco issued to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Hornby Dublo and only 140 were made

making it the second lowest production run of any of the Limited Edition locos.

At 5.12 on the video there is a pal of mine called Barry Fentiman, a serious WRENN colector

He told me he almost hit James May when he reached for the W2408 Gold Plated 0-6-0 Tank

They were a non powered loco issued to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Hornby Dublo and only 140 were made

making it the second lowest production run of any of the Limited Edition locos.

Classic Dave

I love the gleeful way he wilfully threw the boxes away. Talk about poking the cage. He's a very naughty boy.

Trains are to be played with. People are always amazed when they see repaints,weathering conversions etc. Sold off most of my collectible stuff to gullible folk and made a few quid in the process!!