Pontifract Exhibition.

Rate this topic

Mike 84C

Just got home from a very pleasureable day helping David Holman operate Arigna Town. Just brilliant! all who are interested should get to Cultra in December? its a treat to watch and operate. I never realized there was so much potential for operation from a platform loop, two sidings and a turntable road. A real treat :tumbsup: I could be a bit smitten! And a very good exhibition all round.

IMG_20160131_083626618.jpg

It was indeed a good show at Pontefract & Mike proved to be an excellent operator and very good company. Much to my surprise and delight, the layout was awarded 'best in show'. Given the judging was done by the Pontefract club members [rather than the general public], I feel even more honoured, as it is bit like a 'player's player' award in sport. That and the fact that other winners include none other than the wonderful Pempoule, by Gordon & Maggie Gravett - still probably one of the finest layouts around today.

Yes it does! What is more, I learned how to do them from the master of scenics, Mr G himself. Gordon has been a valued friend for many years and his books on scenics and modelling are well worth getting hold of.

Many thanks for your kind thoughts, but if you see Pempoul, you will know it really is at another level.

Yes it does! What is more, I learned how to do them from the master of scenics, Mr G himself. Gordon has been a valued friend for many years and his books on scenics and modelling are well worth getting hold of.

Many thanks for your kind thoughts, but if you see Pempoul, you will know it really is at another level.

Well scale puddles are the pinnacle of railway modelling, so so you and Mr G can take a bow. Hope to be at Cultra in November myself!

Edited by GSR 800