Cork, Blackrock and Passage Station building at Crosshaven

Rate this topic

Colin R

Hi Guys

I need some help and I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction.

In the Stanley C Jenkins book on the CB&P Railway there is a photo Crosshaven station building, now from what I can see it was a wooden frame covered in corrugated iron. however the photo is not clear enough for me to guess at the size of the building or to work out just how many corrugations there are in it width or length. 

So I am looking for a source of drawings or better photos of the building itself, I understand that there where other CB&PR station's built in a similar way so any photo's of them would also be welcome

Regards

Colin Rainsbury

I hope some one on this list can help me with a second question, at Crosshaven, the station had a few enameled signs on it?

Is anyone aware of a collection of such sign's today, or a location where I might be able to get some details about the correct signage used on the station building in the photos.

Thanks

Colin

Hi yes I did manage to do that, and having looked at them I notice that many of them are Irish based and not typical UK based companies, One looks like some sort of Boots another two are for food one is for someones Ham and the second is for Sausages, then you Wheatley Hop Bitter and Ross's Belfast Ginger Ale, and two small one for Pears Soaps.

It would be wrong for me to build a model and plaster it with UK based advertising, I would love to know more about the two small meat based adverts. or even the boot advert.

Ross's advert is providing difficult to find on line but the web does acknowledge them as a company.

Wheatley's advert I have got from the web already, the pears soap ones don't appear on the web at the moment so I could use any Pear soap advert.

Colin     

Mattessons Hams

Same company for the sauseages

Still in business, I think.

I pulled this off the net, any use?

W. A. ROSS AND CO., THE ROYAL BELFAST GINGER ALE AND AERATED WATER WORKS, BELFAST.

b18d1a7921d9f51d6c8c93fb15eff991.jpg

The Wheatley's  advert seems to be for The Monarch, presumably a bar in the area?

The Trocken Boot, possibly a 'dry' boot, or maybe even  imported from Germany or an army style boot 

Arthur Webb

Boot & Shoe Warehouse

34 Upper Sackville Street, (now O' Connell Street)

Dublin

advert-ginger-ale-punch-A9Y1W3.jpg

Edited by DiveController
  • Like 1

Hi Mayner

Those photos appear to be much clearer and I can now make the Ham and Sausage they are for Matherson products which should now be much easier to find.

As for the Wheatley's  advert I have found that it is for a non alcoholic drink and made in Sheffield of all places.

Thanks for all the help so far guys

Colin

1 hour ago, Colin R said:

Hi Mayner

Those photos appear to be much clearer and I can now make the Ham and Sausage they are for Matherson products which should now be much easier to find.

As for the Wheatley's  advert I have found that it is for a non alcoholic drink and made in Sheffield of all places.

Thanks for all the help so far guys

Colin

If it is these people, https://mattessons.co.uk/ , then it is double-t, double-s, and no h or r...

• Like 1