BACHMANN N CLASS DRAWBAR

Rate this topic

heirflick

Use the damaged one as a template to make a new one from brass or nickle silver. Use wire to solder in the pegs. Or make a plastic replacement and laminate a strengthening piece on top and bottom. Or contact  Bachmann  and see if its available as a spare part. FOC , that  model is worth a lot of effort, that was a jammy sort of gift!

Mick

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

Toddler plus layout = nightmare!

How much are these things nowadays? Good price ye got!

(Btw N class was English - K class to us... 🙂)

145 - 165 and often higher on ebay.  You could get the English version new dcc fitted for that ...esp if shes black. Stick on a few decals and Bobs your uncle!

Good thinking...... yes, I know someone who got an English one recently for “a good price”, though I dunno what he paid.

The black is easily weathered to the more authentic grey, though I think at least one was black towards the end. The non-authentic yellow snail can be obscured or replaced easily enough.

Was thinking of getting one myself at some stage. Nice locos.

Edited by jhb171achill
  • Like 1

Hi Heirflick

Do a sharp pencil sketch around the edge of the part on white paper- as close to the edge as you can get it, also measure the overall length, the thickness of the part, the diameter of the pins, the height of the pins and include them on the sketch, scan the sketch to a jpg and send it by pm to me .... and we'll see what can be done!

Eoin

• Like 2

On 2/22/2019 at 2:04 PM, Broithe said:

You could get 'somebody' to knock up a brass one?

It looks like it is a close-coupling cam type thing...

9 hours ago, murrayec said:

Hi Heirflick

Do a sharp pencil sketch around the edge of the part on white paper- as close to the edge as you can get it, also measure the overall length, the thickness of the part, the diameter of the pins, the height of the pins and include them on the sketch, scan the sketch to a jpg and send it by pm to me .... and we'll see what can be done!

Eoin

See....

• Like 1

On 2/25/2019 at 11:27 PM, murrayec said:

Hi Heirflick

Eoin

Eoin, before I saw your reply I contacted Bachmann who are sending out a replacment for 5 pounds posted. As this loco will not be near little hands again and be given the care it deserves, the replacement drawbar will see me out!  But I do thank you for the kind offer of help, it is really appreciated :tumbsup:

• Like 2