Brian Solomon in Ireland

Rate this topic

Brian is a gentleman and is very knowledgable on the American railroad scene,

He has also provided some excellent articles and photos in recent IRRS journals on the history of the 121/141 locos

I met Brian last week in Dublin and his advice and expert help on photography was much appreciated.

Some very nice photos there.

Indeed Brian is an absolute gent, and very knowledgeable on both railways and photography. His book (one of many) Railway photography would be a great resource for anybody wanting to get to take great pictures. While it covers the basics of photography, it does so with from a what is good for taking pictures of trains angle. Full of lovely pictures too. :)

Good find Pat. Theres always a debate on which year the locos started being fitted with led light clusters, so it's nice to see that some were fitted as early as 2000 and some are still in the IR livery when they were converted.

Rich,

Late 1999 was the year and I was in my first year at college in Dublin. When 072 arrived down from Inchicore to work the F.O. 133X Heuston - Tralee I got a surprise to see it with its new addition.

Late 1999 was the year and I was in my first year at college in Dublin. When 072 arrived down from Inchicore to work the F.O. 133X Heuston - Tralee I got a surprise to see it with its new addition.

A lot of people will swear that it was 2002 when the first locos were converted, and I've even seen it in print in magazines. It just goes to show that an eye witness with a good reputation for noting these things are always the ones to trust.

Cheers

Rich.