201 internal issue??

Rate this topic

Dempsey

I had a problem like that once with a Bachmann railcar.

When i opened it and had a look at the drive from the motor there was a very small piece of plastic catching

as it spun round so i cut it off and that cured it.

I don't know how much you can see with the cover off but have a good look inside when the motor is running.

you can slow it down and try using a magnifying glass.

Don't run it any-more until you have a good look inside!

at a guess I'd say one of the gears is stripped and that's what's what making the grinding noise- most likely the worm gear in one of the bogies is riding over the wheel gear under and is stripping it's teeth??

Eoin

5 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

Is it new or second hand?

I got it on eBay. It's second hand, the seller needs to revisit how to write descriptions because it clearly dos not running well. Also had a cosmetic issue or two.

6 hours ago, murrayec said:

Don't run it any-more until you have a good look inside!

at a guess I'd say one of the gears is stripped and that's what's what making the grinding noise- most likely the worm gear in one of the bogies is riding over the wheel gear under and is stripping it's teeth??

Eoin

If this is the issue how do you go about getting a replacement gear?

5 hours ago, Dempsey said:

I got it on eBay. It's second hand, the seller needs to revisit how to write descriptions because it clearly dos not running well. Also had a cosmetic issue or two.

If this is the issue how do you go about getting a replacement gear?

I’d contact the seller on EBay and inform him of the issue if you just bought it, especially if he described it as perfect working order or similar. Best bet after that is to email Murphy Models who may have spares and / or help you out. If you have no joy there contact marks models as they do repairs. However, I think the EBay seller is your first port of call. 

• Like 3

On 8/3/2019 at 11:48 AM, Warbonnet said:

I’d contact the seller on EBay and inform him of the issue if you just bought it, especially if he described it as perfect working order or similar. Best bet after that is to email Murphy Models who may have spares and / or help you out. If you have no joy there contact marks models as they do repairs. However, I think the EBay seller is your first port of call. 

Well I've done the first but I hold no hope. I must admit I never would have thought of contacting Murphy's models. If marks models do repairs then I think it'll be the best port of call regardless 

2 hours ago, Northman said:

If they don't respond to your satisfaction,report it to ebays resolution centre and tell them the loco was not as described.Cheers.:tumbsup:

Is it possible that damage could have been cause in transit? He did get back to me but I find it hard to believe that there wasn't any sound when he "tested" before posting