Washing machines

Rate this topic

K801

So a class 37 is been turned into a Class 23,  a class 58 is been made into LMS 10000 and a few washing machines are been turned into kettles

Is this a waste of time and money as these "new" locos have no history or is it good to recreate past memories? 

Edited by K801
  • Confused 3

50 minutes ago, K801 said:

So a class 37 is been turned into a Class 23,  a class 58 is been made into LMS 10000 and a few washing machines are been turned into kettles

Is this a waste of time and money as these "new" locos have no history or is it good to recreate past memories? 

03a49f0a620a3bca447e33a38946086e--smiley

• Like 1

How is it a waste of money if they are enjoyed? It’s not your money, so I really wouldn’t worry about it. Some of them even MAKE money. 

No history? I find that a bizarre statement in the least. It’s fantastic to see machines once lost with us again. I really can’t wait to see the new P2 and LMS diesel in particular roll out of the shops.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

How is it a waste of money if they are enjoyed? It’s not your money, so I really wouldn’t worry about it. Some of them even MAKE money. 

No history? I find that a bizarre statement in the least. It’s fantastic to see machines once lost with us again. I really can’t wait to see the new P2 and LMS diesel in particular roll out of the shops.

While I'm happy to see new builds that are of designs no longer with us, I'm not so sure of conversions of existing locomotives to make into other classes.

I do consider the TWO different P2 projects worthwhile as I understand one will be streamlined, the other not and they will use different valve gear.

Perhaps one day someone will do a new build 800? ;)

Then they can give 081 a run for its money at the 'ton' and more! 😎

9 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

If using an existing loco that is going to be scrapped anyway, then what’s the issue with using it? 

I take it you mean the 37 into a Baby Deltic conversion?

I suppose nothing really - it's far, far better than the loco being scrapped, it's just this niggling feeling I have somehow.

• Like 1