DC Kits G class

Rate this question

enniscorthyman

Question

6 answers to this question

Just had a look at the DC Kits G class shunter and

was wondering has anyone stuck a decoder in one or

is there much room inside for one?.

Eamonn I remember talking to a chap at a show some time ago and he had bought a Worsley Works G class. I remember he was talking about using a decoder designed for n gauge from Digitrax and he was pretty sure it would be fine. Mind you some 00 decoders are so small now that I have heard of people fitting them to Bachmann class 03 models.

Rich,

Eamonn I remember talking to a chap at a show some time ago and he had bought a Worsley Works G class. I remember he was talking about using a decoder designed for n gauge from Digitrax and he was pretty sure it would be fine. Mind you some 00 decoders are so small now that I have heard of people fitting them to Bachmann class 03 models.

Rich,

That's great thanks Rich.I am thinking of buying one

in the near future.

Just had a look at the DC Kits G class shunter and

was wondering has anyone stuck a decoder in one or

is there much room inside for one?.

I have a DC Kits G Class locomotive fitted with a TCS, T1 Chip. The chip is located in the bonnet space. Power is provided by a Black Beetle motor and of suitable length to match the axle locations of the body. Performance can be erratic due to the very short wheelbase of the locomotive when passing over insulated frog points. To overcome this problem I plan to replace the existing chip with one that has a power reserve or "Stay Alive" facility. This locomotive and motor are light in weight, thus it is important that the wheels and track are kept clean to ensure smooth operation

I and members of Perth and District Model Railway Club are exhibiting "Old Blarney" at this years Festival of Irish Railway Modelling. It is held at The Ulster Folk and Transport Museum, Cultra, Co Down. Nearest Railway Station Cultra. Date 10th, November 2012.

For more information on Old Blarney please visit our web page:

http://www.perthmrc.com/page9.htm

If you want to see this locomotive please come to our layout and ask for me.

David J. White.