I really want to say "Thank You"

Rate this topic

Old Blarney

Absolutely stunning model, beautifully done!  From the window wipers to the mesh grills.  A fine way to finish a career demonstrating constant improvements over many years.  Comparable to some of the finest brass models in the industry in its level of detail such as Fulgurex and Micro-Metakit.  Perhaps a brass version may be something to consider in Paddy’s retirement.  
I would join with everyone else here in thanking Paddy for everything he has done to preserve our memories and heritage in miniature detail - a true ambassador for Irish excellence. 
Many thanks again Paddy - I plan to buy a whole batch of them as a small expression of thanks and support!

James

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I think Paddy Murphy has brought model railways to a whole new level with accuracy and finishing detail and may I also say I think other model railway producers would have a very hard time in competing with the fine detailing well done to Paddy Murphy and all his staff who have brought a new lease of life to model railways 👍 

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

My introduction to Paddy and the magnificence of his Class 071s (look at the beauties he has on display).

As the father of the Golden Age of Irish Railway Modelling and  the man responsible for elevating the Irish Railway Model to levels we couldn't even dream of, he has my undying gratitude.

Thank You Paddy.

• Like 7

We mustn't forget the Murphy Models 'Lima' 201 - that's what really started it all. While it's not comparable in terms of his later models it is the first model of an actual Irish locomotive prototype. We've been a bit spoilt since but there was a lot of excitement back then and many of us at the time couldn't believe our eyes when we actually saw the model. No longer had we to imagine that the supertrain liveried BR Class 33 was meant to be an 'A' or 'C' (take your pick), the Lima 201 was the real deal. When I look at my Murphy Models 121s and how detailed they are I wonder did we ask for too much? I spend more time looking at rather than running them, they are the créme de la créme of the 00 model diesel locomotive world. So "Thank you" to Paddy Murphy is the least we can say.

• Like 5

A huge Thank you to Paddy Murphy played a huge part in the growth and interest in Irish railway modelling, from the Lima models to the fantastic Class 141/181, Class 71  a favourite,

the mighty Class 201,  and then the superb Class 121 fine choice of livery,  the front lights, see thru mesh grill I think it is his finest model, looks good on both layout and display cabinet,   

hopefully you might do another model😀                                                                                                                          

20210129_135735.jpg

20210129_140616.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

I've had my grey 121 for quite a while, but didn't trust myself to put the sound chip in (shakey hand after breaking my arm).

So, I took a trip to Kernow's in Guildford (they've got 'em on sale there) and the senior assistant put the chip in there and then. Having done that he said - "Have you got a bit of time, I'd like to have a closer look...."  He had a jolly good play and pronounced it just brilliant.

When I got it home, I was delighted with my 70th Birthday Present (in time for my 75th, but what the heck - well worth waiting for).

So, indeed, thanks, Paddy, just unbelievably good!

• Like 11