IRRS Online Film show 22/1/20 on You Tube

Rate this topic

Georgeconna

Hi Lads,  Just come across this, some excellent footage, I've not seen much or any of this before so fair due to the IRRS for sticking this on Utube. Interesting to the background to getting all these super 8s onto digital, the work the chap has done is immense.

@Noel you will be in your element here! You may even now try to get a rate of Mk.2 in primer green!

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

Hi Lads,  Just come across this, some excellent footage, I've not seen much or any of this before so fair due to the IRRS for sticking this on Utube. Interesting to the background to getting all these super 8s onto digital, the work the chap has done is immense.

@Noel you will be in your element here! You may even now try to get a rate of Mk.2 in primer green!

Wonderful. Thanks for posting. Pure Irish Railway treasure.

Some Fab Cameos there during the film to take on board like the scrap on the loading bank, the Fertisler spreaders non the flats The 20ft container trans, The Derailments.

I do think they BNT era was the more interesting even though I was not around for it. 

a

After watching this I feel like ordering a rake a Beets off of PW!  

Interesting spoil train segment, looks like three sidings to the south and to the north two sidings coming together to form a runround loop

48:30 3 roads

51:15 2 roads

53:39 3 roads

54:10 runround loop

(interesting 'ghost point' at the Belfast unloading site too 45:26)

Interesting to me that is. Until a year ago I never even realised there were two lots of sidings toe to toe, I must always have had my back to the direction of travel!

Edited by NIR