eco-eye - Rail Freight Feature

Rate this topic

201bhoy

don't mind that newfangled stuff. resurrect old signals from pubs and back gardens, and fix up them old level crossings, brand it as a heritage line and we're laffin. That modren CTC lark is overrated. Like DCC. :banana:

I hope it isn't, I'm getting it for Christmas!

don't mind that newfangled stuff. resurrect old signals from pubs and back gardens, and fix up them old level crossings, brand it as a heritage line and we're laffin. That modren CTC lark is overrated. Like DCC. :banana:

The 9-10 Million quoted is for a basic re-lay with cwr recovered from the Cork line, strengthening of existing bridges and structures, no signalling as such, whether it goes ahead or not depends on whetheer Zinc mining starts at Pallas.

Ha ha, that thing has been going on there since I was in primary school there back in the eighties. Must ring home for the inside scoop....

It can just depend on the current and predicted commodity price - sometimes these things can 'become economic' almost overnight.

Who knows..?