BCDR 4-4-2 drawings?

Rate this question

J-Mo Arts

Question

Hello there,

I'm trying to make a model of a Belfast and County Down railway 4-4-2 as an entry point to (Northern) Irish railway modelling, but I just can't find any drawings. Does anyone have any or know where some might be? It'll be for 3D printing, possibly on a 3D printed chassis too if I can't find a cheap donor.

image.jpeg.ebd15a858334e75f3b6f28c293668b89.jpeg

Thanks!

• Like 2

9 answers to this question

Worth contacting Manchester Museum of Science and Industry (part of wider Science Museum group) who hold the BP archive. My brother has guardianship of this built by the late Fred Graham - I know it’s the larger 4-4-2T but I could ask him to make some measurements....

21D94C69-62BC-49B6-951F-70B4B7359EE2.jpeg

Edited by Galteemore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for such swift replies. I'll write an email to the UTM and the Manchester science museum tomorrow and see if they can help me. 

55 minutes ago, Galteemore said:

21D94C69-62BC-49B6-951F-70B4B7359EE2.jpeg

That's a very fine model, and thanks for the kind offer, but think I'd like to have a go at the smaller 4-4-2T first.

7 hours ago, J-Mo Arts said:

Thanks everyone for such swift replies. I'll write an email to the UTM and the Manchester science museum tomorrow and see if they can help me. 

That's a very fine model, and thanks for the kind offer, but think I'd like to have a go at the smaller 4-4-2T first.

No problems. I realised that but I think the wheelbases may be similar so it might give you some ‘known dimensions’ if all else fails....pending a visit to Cultra to measure up no 30 yourself ! ;) 

• Like 1

Please do! I’m on the final furlong of building an Irish Beyer Peacock tank loco with similar features so it would be interesting to see how someone else approached it. As careful study of the locos shows, there are distinct family likenesses between the CBSC, BCDR and SLNC tanks, as one might expect. I have used an interior view of a BCDR cab to inform me as my prototype was very camera shy in that regard...

6AE4EEB2-124A-4926-BC48-091E333E0092.jpeg

Edited by Galteemore
  • Like 4