Unidentified Rail-borne Object

Rate this topic

jhb171achill

I have just this minute heard an 071 go past the house (slowing to approach Malahide in the down direction).

00:44, Tue 16th.

Bit late for empty Taras, I thought, as the other empty dawdled through a good couple of hours ago.

So I peered into the gloom, and I see strange lights; what appears to have been a set of Taras with small lights strung along the side of each wagon. Too long a train to be one of those inexplicable yellow things, and they don’t sound like 071s anyway.

Can anyone explain?

No, I’ve had no beer.

Edited by jhb171achill
  • Funny 1

7 hours ago, Bumble_Bee said:

Is it the late Coca Cola train delayed from the Christmas season? :P

That’s what occurred to me!!

6 hours ago, josefstadt said:

It sounds like the HOBS running late. Should have been through Malahide at about 21:45.

Does it have lights along the side, almost literally LIKE the “holidays are coming” ad?

• Funny 1

9 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

I have just this minute heard an 071 go past the house (slowing to approach Malahide in the down direction).

00:44, Tue 16th.

Bit late for empty Taras, I thought, as the other empty dawdled through a good couple of hours ago.

So I peered into the gloom, and I see strange lights; what appears to have been a set of Taras with small lights strung along the side of each wagon. Too long a train to be one of those inexplicable yellow things, and they don’t sound like 071s anyway.

Can anyone explain?

No, I’ve had no beer.

Perhaps a St Patricks day display of some kind, many towns and villages around the country putting up green lighting, etc?

• Funny 1