7mm scale 071 kit

Rate this topic

Hi 

Found a lost treasure, for a good home at sensible price :

Andrews 071 resin body kit with cast whitemetal and brass castings and etches  

The etches provide for chassis and bogies - wheels, motors and gears required.   It looks straightforward and the resin body is lovely and crisp.

I guess I bought on a "rainy day" basis but I think it is time to pass on.   I guess offers £250 ono.

thanks for looking

Robert   

Made by a chap from Wolverhampton

He only made 10 as far as I know

Hells Kitchen was the name of his business

Have some pics on Photobucket but I cant download them, can anyone see them?

Winging its way to D5 as we speak, thanks again Robert.

OO71Blurb.jpg.html.urlhttp://s612.photobucket.com/user/WRENNEIRE/media/Irish O Gauge/OO71Blurb.jpg.html?sort=3&o=102

OO714.jpg.html.urlhttp://s612.photobucket.com/user/WRENNEIRE/media/Irish O Gauge/OO714.jpg.html?sort=3&o=101

Edited by WRENNEIRE
  • Like 1

Gents ,

To confirm Wrenneire`s post - beat me to it - such efficiency !

Pictures are one and the same, he was a driver for what became Virgin trains and was in the control for a while after incident to help recovery - a good lad and it was by pure chance we ended up in 071 chat to amusement of rest of shift.  The rest is history !  

Robert   

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Robert Shrives said:

Gents ,

To confirm Wrenneire`s post - beat me to it - such efficiency !

Pictures are one and the same, he was a driver for what became Virgin trains and was in the control for a while after incident to help recovery - a good lad and it was by pure chance we ended up in 071 chat to amusement of rest of shift.  The rest is history !  

Robert   

Don't suppose you can convince him to do another batch, Robert? He'd sell them no bother! :D

He was at Wexford show a couple of years ago and was offered money up front to do another run but he declined, 

I think there were several different suppliers involved and he was totally stressed trying to deal with them all at the same time

Nice guy though, we let him run some stuff on the MRSI O Gauge layout and he had a ball

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, WRENNEIRE said:

He was at Wexford show a couple of years ago and was offered money up front to do another run but he declined, 

I think there were several different suppliers involved and he was totally stressed trying to deal with them all at the same time

Nice guy though, we let him run some stuff on the MRSI O Gauge layout and he had a ball

That's a pity Dave, I know I'd have one in a heartbeat. 

Hi 

I guess so but that does mean its a pattern for a future set . Speaking to lads at work we are not sure where Dave Andrews is at the moment but if I can get to him I will suggest that interest generated and see if he has had a change of heart or perhaps would let me have details of his suppliers - it was long ago and the chance of masters being intact might be slim so this might still be a dead end !

Robert    

• Thanks 1