Jump to content

jhb171achill

Members
  • Posts

    16,656
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    413

Everything posted by jhb171achill

  1. “Ah c’mon lads, I told ye already - get down, sure yiz could hardly walk straight out of O’Donoghues….. if ye don’t get down NOW and go home, I’ll ring the guards. Big McNulty will soon shift ye… . ”Sixty pounds, and it’s less than a year old, 1961 model. Does forty miles an hour! Sure a new one now’s over a hundred, I couldn’t afford that on my wages! How’s Agnes, by the way?”
  2. In preparation for the annual Dugort Parish Knock Pilgrimage on Sunday, the excursion set rests overnight at the harbour station. At Tralee it will join another six, and the ten-coach train, two heating vans and a diner will trundle their way to Claremorris, via the North Kerry, Ennis and Tuam. Looks like a pair of 141s will end up on this. In 1966, there’s still the odd green coach to be seen.
  3. Popeye, your Hunslet is a lesson in livery and weathering artistry of realism!
  4. W O W ! ! ! ! ! ! !
  5. On the Lough Swill line?
  6. I heard that some stuff at least will go for scrap. In truth, it’s high time it did. If anyone wanted to preserve it they’d have done so long ago. As always, those who shout “Shame!” and “Pity!” loudest are the very folks who either can’t or won’t lift a finger themselves, let alone open their wallets!
  7. Invaluable info! Well done.
  8. I hope he was a DCDR & ITG member.
  9. Would anyone have an old bit of 12mm gauge track? All I need is about 2-3 feet of it maximum, doesn't matter what type or condition.
  10. Sometimes they were even blacker...
  11. That's the one..... known for the fact that every single locomotive, wagon and coach they ever possessed, ran in the wrong livery, and on the wrong gauge track.
  12. That’s very long gone, I believe.
  13. 131 with RPSI. The Sligo railcar and two MGWR 6-wheelers are in store at Downpatrick. As far as I know, the rest long scrapped.
  14. Well, I am well over 60, and have only one single memory of seeing one in traffic!
  15. That’ll be some fleet, Mol! I’ve probably about 40 wagons at this stage…… dunno where I can keep them!
  16. Yup! For the least interesting, as opposed to your MOST interesting, we gave several choices. 1. Watching paint dry 2. Watching grass grow 3. Watching a video of an over-talkative railway enthusiast spending an hour and a half, ninety mind-numbing boring minutes, opening a box, taking the wagon out of it, setting it on a table and walking around it, still wittering on about some inane nonsense…..! Of these, (1) and (2) are preferable…..
  17. When can we discuss the new-build BCDR 4.6.4T or is that a secret?
  18. This has got to be the best video relating to a model railway subject that I have ever seen! Love the specially composed music too - all in all, utter genius, both the layout, the video production and the music!
  19. Thought so - encouraging!
  20. Fascinating stuff!
  21. At least the ITG have managed to secure one. Probably a static exhibit, I'd say - but with the moracles the ITG have been unveiling lately, including last Saturday, who knows! I wonder are any of the Sulzer engines in England of any use in terms of compatibility? I think B103's engine is largely gone?
  22. And worse, it’s not even Hornby asbestos, it’s Hornby Dublo!
  23. It’s an old kit I found, but it’s 12 inches to the foot scale. No DCC, though, and the couplings are completely incompatible with both standard Hornby ones and Kadees. It won’t run on code 70 OR 100 track, nor HO scale anything. It won’t go round curves, even a 2.4 metre radius one. So I’m not sure what I’ll do with it…. if someone will give me a tenner for it, it’s yours, but I’m told the postage could be high enough….
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use