Hornby 2022 Range

Rate this topic

Hi All, Hornby announced their 2022 range early this morning and only sad auld gits like, who haven't much else to live for, sat through the whole excruciating event. It was fairly non-eventful and was nearly enough to send me back to sleep, however, needed to sign on at the Intreo office so had to stay awake. Anyway, while their announcements may have seemed uneventful, it was followed later by a YouTube video from Rapido Trains [UK]. Seemingly Hornby are going to produce something which Rapido Train had announed that they'll be manufacturing for which only they [Rapido] have the rights to do so. This is going to be intesting (certainly a lot more interesting than Hornby's line-up for 2022.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, connollystn said:

Hi All, Hornby announced their 2022 range early this morning and only sad auld gits like, who haven't much else to live for, sat through the whole excruciating event. It was fairly non-eventful and was nearly enough to send me back to sleep, however, needed to sign on at the Intreo office so had to stay awake. Anyway, while their announcements may have seemed uneventful, it was followed later by a YouTube video from Rapido Trains [UK]. Seemingly Hornby are going to produce something which Rapido Train had announed that they'll be manufacturing for which only they [Rapido] have the rights to do so. This is going to be intesting (certainly a lot more interesting than Hornby's line-up for 2022.

I don’t know what Hornby are playing at making a titfield thunderbolt set when they don’t have (what I understand) is exclusive rights! Why are they clearly trying to take a punt at rapido….when they could have just made lion and left it at that. If there is one good thing to come out of it, the response video is brilliant!

I was a small bit miffed that they announced coal wagons. I’m sure accurascale would like to say a few words about that 😅

Oh and £250 is now the average price of a loco….lovely 

Edited by Westcorkrailway
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, connollystn said:

I was actually expecting them to announce an all-new class 56/69 locomotive, however, it is someone else's toes they've managed to step on.

They have an awful lot of stuff in development or being delayed as of present. The Ruston shunters are due for Autumn this year, I recall them being due for may when initially announced 

I still have weird gut feeling that since the war of the companies is so tight, either hattons or Hornby may still put out a CIE variant of the 6 wheel generic coaches…..since Hornby are willing to do S&DJR ones ect…..now that would be good (ecpecially from hattons😅)

Edited by Westcorkrailway

Yeah Not pleased with the prices, West Country popping out a £226 RRP. FFS like. They were £134 last year. Nuts. 

Not happy with the Rapido Gazumping TBH. I would go with the Rapido product as the stuff I have from them, the APT-E and Single are lovely.

I have enough UK stuff but if I wanted to pay continental-ish prices I would of went in that direction.

I know cost have risen but Wages certainly have no increased the same way these yoke have gone up in price and you do have to question if it worth it.

The Hole hobby thing is gotten way out hand, Airfix had announcement today, STG72 for a 1/48 Buccaneer, As much as I would love one nah, Not value for money anymore.

Thing is now buying big H stuff is gone for me so spending will be nothing now, Same for Baccy to Pricey and the cash will go to a Sea kayak instead so I am happy still :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 10/1/2022 at 9:44 PM, connollystn said:

I was actually expecting them to announce an all-new class 56/69 locomotive

Bachmann have announced the 69 and Cavalex have announced the 56... Hornby one although a nice model is now far too expensive (Latest RRP £218) and they dont seem too bothered with making the Romanian versions again (56001-030), which sell for far too much when they pop up on ebay and elsewhere. Open goal for another manufacturer to make what people want for a more reasonable price with current levels of detail, sound, lighting etc

Edited by Blaine
  • Like 2