Quote of the day

Rate this topic

heirflick

Speaking of Hell,I had two lovely people from the kingdom of

Jahova at my door last week,and could not get rid of them until

I told them I was a atheist-they soon departed.I bet they thought

I was in the middle of a Satanic orgy lol.

Twenty five years ago, they came round here when I was trapped up a ladder, painting the down-pipe. At one point, I asked them if they were the lot that believe that everybody's going to be resurrected at the end. Sensing a possible 'bite', they said "Yes". "Well", I said,"we don't want Hitler and Stalin moving in round here!" They had obviously never thought of that side of it and just went - and they've never been back here since, but they walk past now and then...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was walking along a street in a country town in southern Switzerland, near Geneva, where they all speak French rather than German. I saw 2 Jehovah's W's approaching me, and they said something to me in French. I immediately, without thinking, said "Sorry, I don't speak French" (in English!). Yes; you can see what's coming. "Gee, you speak English, sir?". In the words of that great scholar and philosopher, Homer Simpson, "DOHHH!!!!!!!!"

To retrieve the situation, or more to the point, my freedom, I noticed we were within sight of a bar. "Certainly", sez I, "I'd be pleased to discuss your stuff over a few pints. In fact, I'll buy you one since we're here. Coming?" No, they weren't. Phew!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...