Sadly RMweb has become virtually unusable

Rate this topic

Noel

48 minutes ago, skinner75 said:

Sounds interesting - care to elaborate?

RMWeb had to change server host due to poor performance and as a result of more of the same performance most of the photos/documents uploaded onto RMWeb before that time have been lost - decades worth!!!

Darius

• Like 1
  • WOW! 1

2 hours ago, Darius43 said:

RMWeb had to change server host due to poor performance and as a result of more of the same performance most of the photos/documents uploaded onto RMWeb before that time have been lost - decades worth!!!

Darius

Essentially warners underinvested in the platform for quite a while and were not paying for backups. There was data loss and no backups. So now no Images. 
since then the forum runs on the servers of the company who make the forum software (same software we run on here )

I went for Gold on rmweb, it's a place I spend a lot of time (as well as here!), and I just had to get rid of the ads, plus I cancelled my print sub of Traction and Gold gives me digital access to Traction as well as Narrow Gauge World which is a good read but impossible to buy in NI now Eason's has gone ☹️. So yes it's a fair bit of dosh, but still less than a pint a month....

cheers,

Keith 

• Like 1