Window wipers

Rate this topic

Darren.d

22 minutes ago, mmie353 said:

Maybe? http://www.studio-scale-models.com/Locos.shtml# at the bottom of the page, they are listed

I spoke with @Weshty about some of them a few months back and he had none, had no short term plans to order any, and will contact me when he plans ordering them.

No harm in trying him but since he hasn't been in touch with me, I doubt that he has any.

2 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Are the 071 and 141 / 181 wipers the same?

New batch of 141 / 181's due from Murphy Models at some stage so maybe they'll have spares?

Ive a feeling the new batch are gonna have updated wipers and handrails to bring it up to 121 spec,

• Agree 1

Just now, Sean said:

true enough but id end up doing both ends of the loco at that rate lol

Assuming that the wipers will be plentiful enough for that! I'd say that there'll be rationing in effect, as Paddy will need to hold the bulk of the spares back for warranty jobs etc.

tbh I need wipers and handrails for a 141 so I hope he sees demand for them as a standalone product. I reckon alot of these locos lost these exact parts over the years and they are the most fragile parts of almost any model. 

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Sean said:

Ive a feeling the new batch are gonna have updated wipers and handrails to bring it up to 121 spec,

I really hope so. I've always thought the wipers to be a little chunky on the 071, 141/181. I've replaced the majority of mine with the Studio Scale Models offering.  

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Sean said:

tbh I need wipers and handrails for a 141 so I hope he sees demand for them as a standalone product. I reckon alot of these locos lost these exact parts over the years and they are the most fragile parts of almost any model. 

Not disagreeing with the demand at all, but am thinking of the supply side.

He'll need to hold back the bulk of the spares for a reasonable time frame to cover warranty stuff. IRM did the same thing with A Class spares, and it's entirely logical.

Imagine Paddy ran out of spare wipers, for example, in the first few months, and it was common knowledge, then couldn't cover warranty stuff?

That'd be a nightmare for him and for his customers. Hopefully he considers them as standalone parts, agreed!

@WRENNEIRE had some spare handrails last year, so I guess they do appear from time to time.

And there are whitemetal spare buffers on eBay:

https://www.ebay.es/itm/155376010301

bit pendantic but would you label them as a warranty related part or would they be more of a cosmetic part?

surely if paddy heard there was demand for spares to go onto the older models it wouldnt be too hard for him to order x amount extra of handrails and wipers whilst the factory is still in production.

8 minutes ago, JasonB said:

I really hope so. I've always thought the wipers to be a little chunky on the 071, 141/181. I've replaced the majority of mine with the Studio Scale Models offering.  

Agreed but it doesnt bother me all that much unless I have the model in the same scene as a newer one, its noticable then but i still wouldnt care too much.

when they are missing altogether it does look odd though.

6 minutes ago, Sean said:

bit pendantic but would you label them as a warranty related part or would they be more of a cosmetic part?

I'd say that they are likely to get damaged in transit, or during warranty repairs of other issues, so yes, I'd call them a warranty related part.