Irish Bufferstops

Rate this question

BosKonay

Question

They look like ABS castings. bought a 7mm scale set at Reading Trade Show yesterday. They do a range of styles. S&D, also Springside do buffers too. As prototype pics show, there are many different types and for absolute fidelity, one needs to be careful or you could end up with [heaven forbid] GWR buffers on a Highland Railway layout...

Me, I've used Peco in the past, because they are very good value and easy to put together. The ABS ones are in the paint shop at the moment, but will hopefully appear on the Arigna Town turntable siding next week.

Dear lord, but only for the plastic chicken I would have thought that was the real thing...super.

I'm impressed by that etched one, some very interesting techniques for getting that flanged, T-Bar effect. Nice.

Edited by Weshty

I've noticed that the old buffer stops fitted with actual buffers at Fairview DART depot have got a spruce up as of late. Instead of being finished in typical red they are are now in PWD yellow, all over even the buffer faces.

Any authentic Irish style buffer stops on IRM's accessory project list? 

• Like 1

The rail clamps are present, but there should be friction elements too - 16 in total if memory serves, beneath the main buffer and spaced out behind.  I scratchbuilt a few for Boskonay, hence the nerdiness. interesting "prototype for everything" shot.