The Bridge

Rate this topic

enniscorthyman

Excellent find Eamonn. The in laws live in Cheekpoint and I really miss the traffic on the Barrow Bridge, especially the Beet season. I believe that the central span of the Red Iron bridge is in Africa now. As Seamus has said it's interesting to see the ship travel at that speed through the Barrow Bridge. The view from the in laws looks directly at the opening span so it is hard from that viewing point to gauge the speed.

Rich,

Excellent find Eamonn. The in laws live in Cheekpoint and I really miss the traffic on the Barrow Bridge, especially the Beet season. I believe that the central span of the Red Iron bridge is in Africa now. As Seamus has said it's interesting to see the ship travel at that speed through the Barrow Bridge. The view from the in laws looks directly at the opening span so it is hard from that viewing point to gauge the speed.

Rich,

It's strange that there are no photos of any trains on the

red iron bridge Rich.The RTE series "off the beaten track"

did show a goods train on the barrow bridge in New Ross.

Many thanks for sharing Eamonn its good to see that he used the other closed railways of the south east to show what will happen if the line continues to see little or no use.

A very evocative bit of filmmaking. Its a very picturesque line.

Given how IE go on, the weed sprayer will soon end its annual visit and it will be overgrown within a couple of years. That will then give them the opportunity to cut the line, like they did with the Foynes and Castlemungret branch at Limerick and the Kingscourt branch at Navan Junction.

Edited by Blu Bianco

• 3 weeks later...