Studio Scale Models launch new range of Loco Kits

Rate this topic

Weshty

Studio Scale Models are delighted to announce the launch and availability of the former Northstar range of irish loco kits.

O Gauge (7mm) Leitrim Class "Lissadell" / " Hazelwood" 0-6-4

1 Gauge (10mm) T&DR Kerr Stuart #4 2-6-0

OO gauge PP Class 4-4-0 with tender

OO gauge AL Class 0-6-0 with tender

All kits come complete with whitemetal and cast brass detailing. On the larger kits, this detailing has to be seen to be believed! Images will be posted up in teh near future.

See our website for further details on availability and options.

I'm tempted myself. It's an ANIMAL of a model, well over 12" long and a plethora of beautiful brass detailing.

Might have to get John Campbell to do a live steam conversion

;)

I just might have to sell the N gauge collection and try a scale where I can actually see the models.

Talking of Weshty's models, I got a kit by post the other day for 800 "Maedb"....

Words fail me. For anyone who knows me personally, that's saying something! I'll just summarise: sell your car and house, rob your granny and BUY one! Amazing! Can't wait to get it made up. Just looking at the bits in kit form, it's worth every red cent.

It's a YES from me!!!! Louis? Simon?

Talking of Weshty's models, I got a kit by post the other day for 800 "Maedb"....

Words fail me. For anyone who knows me personally, that's saying something! I'll just summarise: sell your car and house, rob your granny and BUY one! Amazing! Can't wait to get it made up. Just looking at the bits in kit form, it's worth every red cent.

It's a YES from me!!!! Louis? Simon?

Thanks JB! Though you'd probably get a more fervant response if Pete Waterman, Rod Stewart or Neil Young were on the panel. All rabid modellers.

• Like 1

Didn't know about Neil Young, Weshty...

"...Well I heard Mister Young sing about her

Well, I heard ole Neil put her down

Well, I hope Neil Young will remember

A Southern man don't need him around anyhow

Sweet home Alabama

Where the skies are so blue

Sweet Home Alabama

Lord, I'm coming home to you ..."

A "southern man".... so obviously, Neil Young was a fan of the GSWR or the CBSCR... well, 800 on the Cork line would certainly impress him then, boyo.

• Like 1

Didn't know about Neil Young, Weshty...

"...Well I heard Mister Young sing about her

Well, I heard ole Neil put her down

Well, I hope Neil Young will remember

A Southern man don't need him around anyhow

Sweet home Alabama

Where the skies are so blue

Sweet Home Alabama

Lord, I'm coming home to you ..."

A "southern man".... so obviously, Neil Young was a fan of the GSWR or the CBSCR... well, 800 on the Cork line would certainly impress him then, boyo.

Somehow or other I dont think ol Neil was exactly a GSWR fan probably more Great Northern or NCC....................Sweet Home was Lynard Skynard's response to Neil Youngs "Southern Man"

"Watergate does not bother me, does your conscience bother you?

Tell me true".....................

despite this the Van Zants & Young remained good friends

I have always been tempted to check to hook up a Lionel loco to a sound system, at one time Ol Neil bought the company and spent a lot of time and money developing a sound system, I wonder if there is much feedback

http://www.feelnumb.com/2010/02/23/neil-youngs-obsession-with-model-trains/

Neil Young is such a model train enthusiast that he actually invented a Trainmaster Command Control and was part owner of Lionel, LLC, the model train company and model railroad accessories. In 2008 Lionel emerged from bankruptcy and his shares of the company were wiped out but he is still a consultant for the company. Young was instrumental in the design of the Lionel Legacy control system for model trains and has been named as co-inventor on seven U.S. Patents related to model trains.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...