Congrats Chelsea?

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Looks like we haven't got any Chelsea fans on here, or else they went on a mad one last night?

I thought I'd hate them winning the Champions League, but I find it impossible to dislike Di Matteo. Also made up for Drogba, I don't think he deserves half the abuse he gets, and he has to be the best centre forward in the Premier League era for me.

Also happy about Torres winning it. Hopefully it brings it home to Liverpool supporters that we are a joke club now. He left to win trophies and that he has done, we sold our best players and replaced them with dross. I think it will be a long time before we're competing at such a level again.

That bottom feeder Terry showed no class though, running around as if he won it in his full kit. Embarrassing (as was Meireles) to see that considering he didn't play in the final due to his stupidity. When United won it in 1999 Keane and Scholes looked almost embarrassed walking around the the pitch after the game, and wore suits instead of glory hunting. It's a reason Chelsea are disliked so much I reckon.

What a terrible match mind you. If I played for Bayern I'd shoot Robben, so greedy with the ball, constantly shooting and wasteful with his final ball. Ribery wasn't much better.

Oh... sorry :( Just the penalty takers. In the champions league final.

Don't worry, just winding you up. Still, us lefties boast some of the best players to play the game; Maradonna, Messi, Francis Benali...

Gotta love Socrates, what an absolute champ!

I'm absolutely raging about it. I feel so sorry for the Bayern fans, they never stopped singing throughout the whole match. But sometimes, you just know that someone's going to miss a penalty, like Olic. I hate left-footers!

Any Spurs fans here? I'm sure they are unhappy that Chelsea have "stolen" their Champions League place for next season.

Looks like we haven't got any Chelsea fans on here, or else they went on a mad one last night?

I thought I'd hate them winning the Champions League, but I find it impossible to dislike Di Matteo. Also made up for Drogba, I don't think he deserves half the abuse he gets, and he has to be the best centre forward in the Premier League era for me.

Also happy about Torres winning it. Hopefully it brings it home to Liverpool supporters that we are a joke club now. He left to win trophies and that he has done, we sold our best players and replaced them with dross. I think it will be a long time before we're competing at such a level again.

That bottom feeder Terry showed no class though, running around as if he won it in his full kit. Embarrassing (as was Meireles) to see that considering he didn't play in the final due to his stupidity. When United won it in 1999 Keane and Scholes looked almost embarrassed walking around the the pitch after the game, and wore suits instead of glory hunting. It's a reason Chelsea are disliked so much I reckon.What a terrible match mind you. If I played for Bayern I'd shoot Robben, so greedy with the ball, constantly shooting and wasteful with his final ball. Ribery wasn't much better.

Stolen from another site:

Last time terry got changed that quick was when wayne bridge came home early!!!

Good one!!!!!!!!! And my best mate is a spurs fans, and he's livid! I think there should be a playoff or something like that instead of spurs just automatically getting knocked out like that.

It's a bit of a catch 22 situation, Chelsea will feel that as holders they have a right to defend their title. Spurs I am sure will feel aggrieved that having finished fourth they have a right at least to begin in the preliminary play off stages of the Champions League.

The Champions League is exactly that, a league. Current European and World champions have to qualify to defend their titles in international tournaments now as it is a tournament as opposed to a league.

I have to say that under the current UEFA rules Chelsea have more of a right to participate in the 2012-13 Champions League than Spurs.

Spurs had a better chance than most to finish in the top three this season and they blew it, because I think Harry Redknapp had his head turned by the English media naming and wanting him to become the new English Coach after Capello resigned. The trial for tax evasion didn't help matters neither. If Roberto Di Matteo doesn't become the next Chelsea full time manager then he will have a right to feel more aggrieved more than anyone at Spurs.

Rich,

Following Spurs since the mid 60's

Jimmy Greaves, small Irish whiskey, cup of tea and a smoke at half time, legend.

Gutted is not enough word to explain my feelings

But hey, theres still trains :((

I supported Spurs in the early '60s until Liverpool were promoted in 1962. I'm sure you will agree that the two great forwards from that era - Saint and Greavsie - made a fantastic pairing on TV.