Consumers Rights

Rate this topic

WRENNEIRE

Friends

Just be aware that all items bought or sold here are covered by the Consumers Rights Act

Check out the link and in particular the Buying Online link

Even where the goods are perfect and there are no faults or problems with them they can be returned for a full refund and excess postage where applicable

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/buying-online

Friends

Just be aware that all items bought or sold here are covered by the Consumers Rights Act

Even where the goods are perfect and there are no faults or problems with them they can be returned for a full refund and excess postage where applicable

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/buying-online

I am sorry but you are wrong, the consumer rights legislation has no power when it comes to private sales. It only deals with sale from a business to a consumer.

That may be the case. However, if some sellers on this site have a business that also include the sale of model railway items, sales on here could well be construed as part of that business. I would hope that everyone on here (both seller and purchaser) would act in a fair and selfless manner.

Incidentally, what should one do if a payment has been send to a member on this site and is "complete" through PayPal but no word of whether the items have even been mailed?

I'm assuming this member is on vacation of for the last week which would have been a poor time to offer items for sale… waiting patiently here tic-toc, tic-toc

That may be the case. However, if some sellers on this site have a business that also include the sale of model railway items, sales on here could well be construed as part of that business. I would hope that everyone on here (both seller and purchaser) would act in a fair and selfless manner.

Incidentally, what should one do if a payment has been send to a member on this site and is "complete" through PayPal but no word of whether the items have even been mailed?

I'm assuming this member is on vacation of for the last week which would have been a poor time to offer items for sale… waiting patiently here tic-toc, tic-toc

Please see our rules

[12] IrishRailwayModeller.com is not responsible for member-to-member transactions resulting from contact made through these forums (e.g. 'For Sale or Wanted' and 'Swapmeet').

We are happy to allow people to advertise here but transactions are your own business. We would ask members to sort any grievances outside the public areas of the site (pm's are understandable but when using Paypal you do use a persons email address etc). Payment portals such as Paypal will offer the buyer a route to protection as Dave points out.

Friends

...Wrenn - all the stuff i bought off you is complete rubbish and i want my money back.....but because im a nice lad, you can keep the Mother-in-Law you got as part payment!!:rolleyes:

Hi Warbonnet. As a moderator, I presume your post relates to mine. No-one was identified in any way in the public forum regarding a private transaction but I'm guessing there was a private difference of opinion regarding a transaction that started this thread in the first place?

If (hypothetically) a member were to repeatedly use the site to advertise models that were not as described etc, I presume the site would not facilitate or condone a continuance of these actions?

Hi Warbonnet. As a moderator, I presume your post relates to mine. No-one was identified in any way in the public forum regarding a private transaction but I'm guessing there was a private difference of opinion regarding a transaction that started this thread in the first place?

If (hypothetically) a member were to repeatedly use the site to advertise models that were not as described etc, I presume the site would not facilitate or condone a continuance of these actions?

Correct on all scores! :)