Class 80 Builds.

Rate this topic

73.River.Roe.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very neat work Colin,the 80 class profile is starting to take shape.I assume you will be using brass grilles for the power cars.Nice job with the driving trailer,I see you have fitted directional lighting,a nice touch,although the suburban livery was never a favourite of mine,maroon and blue with white strip all the way,I suppose it is what colour you were used to that forms your opinion.Keep the pics and build coming.

Colin that's unbelievable work I'm amazed couldn't dream of doing work like that and having the original paint sets it of I remember the suburban livery as a very young child at greenisland only the excitement wasn't the 80 class it was the first 450 class I'd seen and was just amazed at the sliding doors but as the years went by I slowly but surly misers the old 80 thumpers and when we did get one on that line it was like Christmas lol

Hey Ivor glad you like the Suburban livery.... Sorry guys didn't get any pics tonight as darkness fell before I could take some my fault had late tea and then decided to do some modelling so I will update on my progress of this evenings work tomorrow night...... plus I have got a wee surprise too.... Colin.

Thank you heirflick it takes years of practice to get to this stage......... Thank you Andy it was a lot of hard work to do it in 5 hours had an alarm clock set so I knew when time was up plus doing all the cutting with a mitre saw speeded up the time too.... oh and look at this pic Andy 10 mins before time up I had fitted another bogie floor section.....

IMG_1348_zpsfb1424b1.jpg

IMG_1346_zpsf1740b07.jpg

Hi Glenderg no the mitre saw is a B&Q one with a upgraded blade fitted to it (32 Teeth Per Inch) which does a really nice cut and so smooth too. So it is standard size saw which gives nice arm motion 3 - 4 strokes and its through the plastic so its great to use it is also useful for cutting brass and aluminium roof sections..............

Very nice work, but I have just one question regarding livery. Why do so many excellent models of NIR vehicles in Bumble Bee and Translink liveries, not have the black band along the bottom of the coach side up to the top of the step recess. Every real vehicle in those liveries I have looked at, has this band, yet most models I have seen, don't.

Watch this space Dhu Varren as I have said to Andy Im doing the paint work so when its done then you can see the black line along mine, I think the main reason a lot of guys don't put the black line in is because on the bumble bee livery it interferes with the intercity transfer......

Thanks for the explanation. I look forward to seeing the finished vehicles.

Your welcome Dhu Varren I will be looking forward to the finished 80,s too... Hey Liverbird81 I know of one happy camper that will be happy and that's Tonybonneyba he,s waiting to see no.90 in Translink Livery....... Colin.

Oh you don't know how many times I check this theard a day Colin.... I am the 90 spy... :)

Hahahaha so that's who the spy is..... its you tony Kirley said it might be you lol yeah did you see no.90?? I bet you didn't notice it lol its going to be this one...........

IMG_1348_zpsfb1424b1.jpg

Yes, that is who the spy is :P

So that's 90... I thought she was 90 & I was right! She is looking really really good Colin, bet yes your also right I didn't notice it till today :)

• 2 weeks later...