Mk2d Generator van

Rate this topic

Noel

Murphy Models still haven't released the IR livery versions yet, so you could probably assume that they would be the next releases after the CIE versions due shortly. The Gen van on ebay was released as part of the IE versions, so I would assume that as this has sold out everywhere that another version, albeit very similar, will appear as part of the IR batch of these coaches. Both the EGV and the Restaurant coaches are the hardest ones to obtain in IE livery at the moment.

Murphy Models still haven't released the IR livery versions yet, so you could probably assume that they would be the next releases after the CIE versions due shortly. The Gen van on ebay was released as part of the IE versions, so I would assume that as this has sold out everywhere that another version, albeit very similar, will appear as part of the IR batch of these coaches.

5609 with the orange roof can be used for the IR or early IE era as there is no livery difference. Don't know if we will see a dedicated IR EGV. On the standards and restaurant it's only the IE logos on the orange roof versions that make the difference. A bit of white spirits and you have an IR version. Will PM really do an IR Mk2 run? I don't know.

5609 with the orange roof can be used for the IR or early IE era as there is no livery difference. Don't know if we will see a dedicated IR EGV. On the standards and restaurant it's only the IE logos on the orange roof versions that make the difference. A bit of white spirits and you have an IR version. Will PM really do an IR Mk2 run? I don't know.

I remember seeing MK11 aircons in the IR era, early 90's and the IR logo was part of the Inter city branding on the coach sides. Of course you are correct in saying that removing the IE logo on the door's would get you nearly there, and it would be just a matter of applying an IR decal to complete it.

Rich,

I've ordered one in IE livery (e.g. MM5602 livery) from Seamus Graham's model shop in Portlaoise. He can offer resprays of MM5601 in IE livery so it ends up looking the same as MM5602. I guess he could probably also do an orange roof version (i.e. like MM5609). Looking forward to seeing it. Better value than most ebay prices plus postage from UK. The recent ebay £80 seems a crazy amount of money for a €49 coach.

Have almost completed the collection of a few Irish coach formations, all that is missing now is the EGV, and Dutch GSV and a few more Park Royals. Kingsbridge will then have a nice fleet of Irish trains to run on it and not just GWR, LMS and LNER (i.e. while I do the scenic work this winter).

I've ordered one in IE livery (e.g. MM5602 livery) from Seamus Graham's model shop in Portlaoise. He can offer resprays of MM5601 in IE livery so it ends up looking the same as MM5602. I guess he could probably also do an orange roof version (i.e. like MM5609). Looking forward to seeing it. Better value than most ebay prices plus postage from UK. The recent ebay £80 seems a crazy amount of money for a €49 coach.

Have almost completed the collection of a few Irish coach formations, all that is missing now is the EGV, and Dutch GSV and a few more Park Royals. Kingsbridge will then have a nice fleet of Irish trains to run on it and not just GWR, LMS and LNER (i.e. while I do the scenic work this winter).

Hi Noel, is Graham still selling them?

I may order a rake of the new coaches from Mr TrainMan when they come in Supertrain and throw this in;)

I'll be visiting Seamus's store later this week to collect my order and some DCC conversions, so I will ask him what the story is as regards further resprays of the galway EGV to either IE or IR livery (i.e. black or orange roof).

I'll be visiting Seamus's store later this week to collect my order and some DCC conversions, so I will ask him what the story is as regards further resprays of the galway EGV to either IE or IR livery (i.e. black or orange roof).
Do you have any pictures of his respray?