Bachmann Support

Rate this topic

Mike 84C

Was in one of my local hobby shops to pick up some spares for a Bachmann loco. Got the parts I had ordered and the guy mentioned that there will be no more support for locos with split frame chassis. Might be something to bear in mind when bidding on ebay for that must have!!

Was in one of my local hobby shops to pick up some spares for a Bachmann loco. Got the parts I had ordered and the guy mentioned that there will be no more support for locos with split frame chassis. Might be something to bear in mind when bidding on ebay for that must have!!

What did he mean by 'support', lack of any spares to maintain serviceability, and why would it be for split chassis only?

Edited by DiveController

Its probably best to contact Bachmann Europe directly with enquiries for spare parts.

Parts for American locos and stock can be ordered from Bachmann USA on line, but some vital parts for current models are "sold out" with no re-stocking date

I'd assume spare parts. As far as I know Bachmann have not produced split frame chassis for many years, so it's not really surprising.

A couple of their steam locos are still split chassis but Bachmann have been upgrading them over the past few years. The new chassis fit under the existing body shell so you should be able to buy the new, upgraded DCC ready chassis and fit them under your existing loco should you split frame horror show go tits up.

Sorry guys by support I did mean spares I just used the same words that he did. And the info did come from Bachmann at Barwell in Leicestershire. But I do go to swopmeets in England and traders have shed loads of split frame chassis locos in £35/40 upwards price bracket. Hence my comments, because I did not realize the situation, although I am not I am not surprized.