New Murphy Models 201 Class

Rate this topic

BosKonay

Could just replace the engine / throttle settings, or have a 'HEP' function to add the noise :)

I don't know if this is possible but I will talk to Gerry Byrne to see if mr Sound Guy can do this.

By the way the locos that were recorded back in 2007 for the locos were 211-185-088.

It was pointed out to me that 185 has a clanking in the idling of the engine that is reproduced

On the sound chip.I don't know if this is fault on 185 at the time but it seems she had this noise

when recording took place.

I don't know if this is possible but I will talk to Gerry Byrne to see if mr Sound Guy can do this.

By the way the locos that were recorded back in 2007 for the locos were 211-185-088.

It was pointed out to me that 185 has a clanking in the idling of the engine that is reproduced

On the sound chip.I don't know if this is fault on 185 at the time but it seems she had this noise

when recording took place.

That's great! Thanks very much for even just putting a word in :)

I wonder even if you spent 5 minutes standing beside 8208 as she sat in Connolly and recorded her, could the HEP sound be added to the existing chips (then get a chip 'reblown' or an Entperprise specific chip, or , simpler still, include HEP as a function on all the 201 chips)

Hi,

I just got my first MM201 today and have a noticed a "problem" where even on the third radius curves (Hornby R609) the wheels rub against the back of the coupling as it goes around. At the moment I dont have any coaches on so the coupling is not loaded (so back as far as it will ever be) but that will always be the case on at least one end of the loco.

Just wondering has anyone else noticed this or is there any adjustment that can be made ? I did remove the actual NEM coupler itself but the wheels still touch what is left.

Thanks,

Declan.

I have got to say that I much prefer the original as delivered IE livery on the 201's. It's even prompting me to purchase 203 and use some A1 Models class 59 radiator grilles to replace the molded ones on the MM model. Paint the grilles and footstep plating on the cab front with Halfords grey primer, and have her in the condition she was in between 2006-08.

Rich,

I have got to say that I much prefer the original as delivered IE livery on the 201's. It's even prompting me to purchase 203 and use some A1 Models class 59 radiator grilles to replace the molded ones on the MM model. Paint the grilles and footstep plating on the cab front with Halfords grey primer, and have her in the condition she was in between 2006-08.

Rich,

Agreed, Rich! It looks the best weathered too :) Well, I think Anto's 220 weathered looks better than his 222 or 229 anyway. (it's lovely too though!)

When Santa comes knocking this Xmas tell him you want as iPhone :-bd

I can't, I'm already asking for dcc, a 201 sound decoder and probably loads of track too!