124, 167 and 186; the final days of the Irish railway

Rate this topic

Limerick was the last place where passenger stock could be seen being shunted and made up into trains (albeit one and two coach ones) at the platforms, before LUAS took over IE & NIR and replaced everything with trams. And the railway was no more.

Here, on 28th December 2002, 124 is on the push pull Junction train, 167 is station pilot and will eventually head for Rosslare with two Cravens and a van, while the Ennis train is one plus a van, as is the Nenagh branch train headed by 186.

We watched 167 pushing single Cravens and BR vans about the place first.

Now, I'm pretty certain that ALL of these will be upside down, so if I might humbly appeal to someone who is less hated by computers to put them right way up..... If it can't be done, I have an a and caption as follows: "The local trains for Tasmania (Connolly), Melbourne (Kent) and Alice Springs (1916) are shunted on above date".

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It does' date=' actually, Daryl; hadn't noticed that myself, despite standing beside it![/quote']

GSV 3184,I had it for a short while on the Ballina branch train towards the end,

It was mainly used in later years between Limerick and Waterford/Rosslare,