GVS and Adelaide lookalike

Rate this topic

201bhoy

The 66 and 47 ones are interesting - what types are they? They are the only ones I don't remember - maybe they're the "one-offs"? All the MORE interesting, an excellent little scene. I love this layout. It captures the atmosphere of the place and time SO well, as others have commented too. Truly amazing stuff!

I can't recall who it was - maybe someone here, maybe not.... we were having a discussion some years ago and he told me he was planning a layout based on a fictitious NIR location about 1975-80. The plan was that on one side of the tracks there would be murals of King Billy, and a letter box crudely painted red, white and blue, with loyalist graffiti on a gable wall. On the other side of the layout a tricolour would be painted on another gable wall, with accompanying republican graffiti!

I wonder if it was ever completed.....

The 66 and 47 ones are interesting - what types are they? They are the only ones I don't remember - maybe they're the "one-offs"? All the MORE interesting, an excellent little scene. I love this layout. It captures the atmosphere of the place and time SO well, as others have commented too. Truly amazing stuff!

Thanks John The 66 in the depot is a Daimler CWD6,one of only two with the enclosed radiator. The other 3 in the shed are Daimler Fleetlines,the one on the left being the revised body. No77 is a Guy Arab,47 beside it is a Dennis Lowline,47 in the foreground is a Leyland Atlantean,behind it an AEC Bridgemaster followed by a Daimler Utility. The 3 nearest the camera in the 2nd photo are the one offs,all bought as trail buses before the Corporation went for the Fleetlines.

• 2 weeks later...

The following photo's were taken in 1968 and show the last working days of the trolleybus system in Belfast,which was the biggest system outside of London. A BUT trolleybus destined for Bloomfield and a Sunbeam trolleybus heading to Ormeau can be seen in the turning circle outside the school.

trolleybuses front.jpg

trolleybuses sides.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 years later...