J M Design CIE Skeletal Container Flat

Rate this topic

Mayner

Assembled from the test etches, everything basically fitted together as planned though I need to make a number of minor adjustments and finalise the brake gear .

The solebars and top of the underframe channel folds up from one piece of brass to provide a rigid chassis, with rest of the detail fitting by tab and slot construction, assembly is time consuming than difficult.

The chassis is designed for 21mm gauge however I can supply OO wheelsets with suitable axles.

I am not sure if the lack of weight is going to be an issue, but the model is very free running it belw away a couple of times while I was taking the photos.

DSCF6024.jpg

DSCF6020.jpg

DSCF6019.jpg

DSCF6015.jpg

DSCF6014.jpg

DSCF6024.jpg

DSCF6020.jpg

DSCF6019.jpg

DSCF6015.jpg

DSCF6014.jpg

Amazing work John, it's smashing, well thought out and executed. I shall be buying some 21mm wagons in fleet quantities. The outside W irons and riveting are beautiful. The brake gear looks excellent, all we need now is for SMM to produce some etched beer cages for their excellent kegs and we can have some decent beer trains running again. I might change plan and have a pre current Weed Spray Train also. Were the two axle timber wagons also built on these chassis John.

Well done John =D.

Rich,

I am looking at the feasibility of using lost wax brass or whitemetal for the internal framing, probably a rectangular rather than a channel section, both to add weight and to save the builders sanity, though I will be happy to supply the fully etched version.

These were my initial thoughts for the standard 20' chassis 2 years ago, some of the local kit designers prepare their patterns using rapid prototyping technology which may be an option.

Talking about weed killing trains how about this? http://jandjcottrell.zenfolio.com/p487224326/h2e392ac#h2e392ac

Wagon Framing.jpg

Wagon Framing.jpg

Looks well John have you got a price for the 4 wheel van yet?

The Heating and Luggage versions should both be available from October November.

The models will be supplied complete with with OO gauge wheels and waterslide transfers. Kit £50 Assembled unpainted £110 Assembled painted & lettered £150 black and tan.

Postage and Packaging £12 for one or multiple orders.

The kits are mainly etched brass with whitemetal and resin castings, the battery boxes and fuel tanks are etched brass, but a pair one piece 3D printed fuel tanks will be available as an option for ease of assembly.

I am looking at doing an initial run of 30 vans available to order in heating, luggage and TPO versions.

Apart from their use singly as guards and luggage vans, a parcel and mail trains were often made up of a combination of these vehicles.

TPO.png

Luggage.png

Heating Van.jpg

TPO.png

Luggage.png

Heating Van.jpg

Edited by Mayner