North Down Model Railway Society Annual Exhibition and Fair.

Rate this topic

BosKonay

Tornado is always pristine.

There's no such thing Fran as pristine the only time something is pristine is the second it leaves the paint shop. Run it a mile down the track and I guarantee you will find dirt somewhere it could even be something as simple as bird poo. Studying that great video you posted I can already see smoke stains around the chimney and smoke stains blowing back on to the top of the boiler and the front of the cab. I would say if you were standing right next to Tornado at the end of that video she would be far from pristine. I will post some pics and a video up of the new edition to the fleet

Anto needs to get at them cows!! A bit too clean...

Good point there Broithe alot of the time from a painters point of view you look at layouts rolling stock and generally things on club layouts to see how other guys have painted/weathered etc etc. I loved the MRSI's Loughrea layout and please don't grab the wrong end of the stick here but there were a few things that let it down for me personally and that was some of the paint work on the locos and rolling stock would need to be repainted. I know that the loco's/rolling stock are quite old but it needs repainted and revamped to a higher standard for such a beautiful layout as its letting it down, also it looks like all the cows standing on the cattle platform are clones of one and other as each one is exactly the same a little time with a brush and some black and white paint would just add that extra bit of detail to an already beautifully detailed layout. Before some of the MRSI members hand me a blindfold and tell me to stand beside that wall over there I wasn't the only one to notice these issues as it was quite a strong conversation point going on from other modellers at the show.

That cattle wagon looks nice Dave. Is it an original tooling or a repaint of an existing model.

Rich,

Rich

Its a moulding taken from a previous GNRI cattle wagon that Provincial Wagons released last year,

Roof has been altered and also the planking and hinge detail

Handmade by a chap called Michael Raynor

Check him out

http://www.provincialwagons.com/

They also have a range of different running numbers

Don't look at me! :P

Looks like another recruit to the dark side Dave, didn't think converting you lot would be so easy!

My victim is no recruit Fran, has everything from N to Gauge 1 in everything from Irish to Swedish, Japaneese Australian and Yankee

A real magpie, God bless his bulging wallet PIMP