Murphy Models CIE Auction

Rate this topic

GNRi1959

Bachmann/Murphy Models Class 141 Black and Tan B141 - Mint/Boxed

Murphy Models Craven Snack 2 1508 Mint/Boxed - Box slightly scuffed but moderately only

Murphy Models Craven 1521 Standard Mint/Boxed - Box slightly scuffed but moderately only

Picture is crap but the actual models are superb!

Highest Offer secures all three - Starting Offers over £150

Loco alone selling on eBay at £175

20190225_170303.jpg

Edited by GNRi1959

22 minutes ago, GNRi1959 said:

Bachmann/Murphy Models Class 141 Black and Tan B141 - Mint/Boxed

Murphy Models Craven Snack 2 1508 Mint/Boxed - Box slightly scuffed but moderately only

Murphy Models Craven 1521 Standard Mint/Boxed - Box slightly scuffed but moderately only

Picture is crap but the actual models are superb!

Highest Offer secures all three - Starting Offers over £150

Loco alone selling on eBay at £175

Hi Tony. FYI locos merely listed at 175 on fleebay does not mean they are necessarily selling for that price. I bought most of mine on fleebay for between £85 and £105. Is your loco 141 or 141A (ie the preserved one without the tablet catchers)? 141A retailed in Marks for about €135 new a few years ago. These are quite rare nowadays so a nice opportunity for somebody to get a ubiquitous 141 especially in their best looking prototypical livery - Black'n'Tan'. Cheers. Noel

5 minutes ago, Noel said:

Hi Tony. FYI locos merely listed at 175 on fleebay does not mean they are necessarily selling for that price. I bought most of mine on fleebay for between £85 and £105. Is your loco 141 or 141A (ie the preserved one without the tablet catchers)? 141A retailed in Marks for about €135 new a few years ago. These are quite rare nowadays so a nice opportunity for somebody to get a ubiquitous 141 especially in their best looking prototypical livery - Black'n'Tan'. Cheers. Noel

Noel, I understand - mine is 141 - I presume the tablet catchers are the mouldings in an un-opened polythene bag inside the box?

Of course, eBay is a shit comparison but I'm not looking £175

Just to quote the guidelines

• Each item must have an asking price (obviously offers can be made lower)
  • If collection is available state where it can be collected from
  • Ideally offers, acceptances etc should should be made 'on thread' and not via PMs as at least then everyone then knows whats sold or not
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, GNRi1959 said:

Noel, I understand - mine is 141 - I presume the tablet catchers are the mouldings in an un-opened polythene bag inside the box?

Of course, eBay is a shit comparison but I'm not looking £175

If there are no tablet catchers actually on the cab sides then she is 141A (ie the loco Murphy Models bought and donated to RPSI) and the model depicts the preserved 141.

40 minutes ago, Noel said:

If there are no tablet catchers actually on the cab sides then she is 141A (ie the loco Murphy Models bought and donated to RPSI) and the model depicts the preserved 141.

Sorry, Noel - are the tablet catchers the sprung plastic parts of the cab sides - listed in the instruction leaflet as Part No. 13.

If so, they are fitted, yes.

1 hour ago, CFD said:

Are blind auctions allowed on the forum? When is the deadline for highest offer or open indefinitely until the price wanted is achieved? 

I'll settle for highest price posted by 10pm tonight or first person to offer £150.  Nothing hidden - all visible.

Postage £5 Ireland/England

is loco DCC ready? r all murphy mods DCC ready?

why is the price stg? this web is euro zone, with brexit currency fluctuation, i could commit to buy, then tomorrow it could cost me billions depending on what someone says in Westminister or dosn't say in Stormont

and no, i not anti brit, just anti brit government and everything imperialist, my ma was Scottish

as you have no other offers, I offer 150.00 euro plus post to get you rolling, as its good n fair offer you make.

at 19;44pm thats  Eur 172.91 converted to STG150.00

as its not on ebay, what guarantee to you give that loco runs

• Angry 1

43 minutes ago, GNRi1959 said:

The loco is absolutely as new - it has been run around a loop twice and put back in box. I don't think it is DCC ready.

I am no Brit, by the way - I live in Tyrone - and we've won many an 'All Ireland".

I will close sale at 160Euro if you really want them.

FYI, All MM locos are DCC ready with a 21pin decoder socket on the main PCB, and MM0141 also has a speaker cradle ready to install a standard 20x40mm unhoused speaker. I'm no Cork man by the way, my family originated in Kerry. :) :)  

1 hour ago, WaYSidE said:

is loco DCC ready? r all murphy mods DCC ready?

why is the price stg? this web is euro zone, with brexit currency fluctuation, i could commit to buy, then tomorrow it could cost me billions depending on what someone says in Westminister or dosn't say in Stormont

and no, i not anti brit, just anti brit government and everything imperialist, my ma was Scottish

as you have no other offers, I offer 150.00 euro plus post to get you rolling, as its good n fair offer you make.

at 19;44pm thats  Eur 172.91 converted to STG150.00

as its not on ebay, what guarantee to you give that loco runs

Well that's Brexit covered. Any thoughts on North Korea or Trump's Border Wall? 

• Funny 2

GNRi1959, offer accepted 160 euro

and Jason,

thoughts on North Korea,  ah do you mean Athy, i live near there, fairly rough place, Piettets aka dunnes family stores blocked the bypass years ago, and no regular service from lovely pretty station runs to Dublin as promised, so load of dublin folks bought houses and are now Koread from their families in dublin.

Trump's Border Wall?  thats a sand dune in FAIR Clare, I met donald trump, he's into models as well, we walked the beach in dunbeg, he told me about his dream of an Atlantic alliance to protect the Atlantic ocean, Us, Him, Brazil, Cuba, the French, The queen, Canada and County africa all around a round table the shape of the Atlantic, protecting its wildlife, it resources, keeping it radioactive free, great guy, ...hes especially into coal, as modellers in US, havnt seen much coal wagons, and he biggly loves them, so he started the mining industry just so we could have more coal wagons on our layouts.

• Confused 2