CBSCR Video

Rate this topic

Some very interesting older stock, Bandon tanks locos, green AEC railcars on the CBSCR, a double slip (not as uncommon as one would have believed), I think it was at Albert Quay about 8:41, old motor vehicles, trucks and a GN closed wagon on the CBSCR! Nostalgic little collection of video and photographs Thanks for posting that.

12 hours ago, DiveController said:

a double slip (not as uncommon as one would have believed), I think it was at Albert Quay about 8:41

The classic place for one though, saving a point length in a cramped urban terminus. Immediately afterwards is the rock cutting/tunnel at the throat, I was fascinated by a photo of that in an early 70s Railway Magazine (or whatever that real railways magazine was called) in an article on Foynes, Fenit, etc.

Edited by NIR
  • Like 1

2 Dics DVD set of the Wesk Cork Railway can be got here: http://www.modelvillage.ie/index.php/tickets/dvd-s/the-west-cork-railway

Well worth the price, sit down with a Glass of Malt and try to fight the tears.

The Old station area in Albert quay is going to get a 'Fantastic' new development. Looks like an awful location to live with the link road below

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/property/fast-track-planning-permission-being-sought-for-17-storey-apartment-tower-in-cork-city-943814.html