Scaleforum at Stoke Mandeville 28-29 September

Rate this topic

leslie10646

Sorry to give zero notice, but the IRRS has a stand at this show tomorrow. I'll have some kits with me and you can see the new CIE cattle wagon.

Several fine layouts like  Burntisland and London Road (who couldn't admire the LNWR at its best?).

Opens 10.30 until 17.30 Saturday; 10.00 to 16.30 Sunday.

Hope to see one or two of you.

Leslie

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

LNWR had a significant presence on the North Wall Quays, so much more than a regional franchise. What everybody calls the LMS station is actually LNWR, along with the adjacent hotel.

Anyhoo, Leslie, enjoy the show, I've been a member for too long and have yet to get my teeth into a show, but looking forward to seeing photos. 

Richard 

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

Cracking show today. Spent ages at the IRRS stand in most convivial company. Purchased a book of SLNC wagon drawings and admired a breathtaking array  of Irish locos. A teaser display of the Lance King photo archive was scrolling through - wonderful stuff !! My 15 year old son came along and learned how to make a crossing for a P4 point...he now wants to start a 21mm gauge project ....

3B0DEE57-86B2-4C64-8618-D7898EDA7F0E.jpegD

9D240CBB-671F-4F3A-83A8-41D38A54713F.jpeg

EF937885-FC08-4902-B26C-9E2054A6826D.jpeg

Edited by Galteemore
  • Like 3
  • WOW! 2

Good to see you today, Galtee - I hope that you noted that De S's S Class was indeed Galteemore?

Also glad that you liked Lance King's brilliant photographs - he really was a King of photographers - come and see more when I present them at the IRRS on London on 6 December!

Alan (aka De S) tells me that the U Class (the bottom engine for you guys too young to identify it) was built in the late Drew Donaldson's workshop over 45 years ago. A serious bit of history.

Timothy was making great progress with that point - a skillful young man!

If someone will tell me how to get piccies off my Smart phone and onto a computer, I'll oblige Richie with a few photos. I tried to attach them to an e-mail, but Microsoft's xxxxxx software failed me!

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/29/2019 at 6:31 PM, leslie10646 said:

Good to see you today, Galtee - I hope that you noted that De S's S Class was indeed Galteemore?

Also glad that you liked Lance King's brilliant photographs - he really was a King of photographers - come and see more when I present them at the IRRS on London on 6 December!

Alan (aka De S) tells me that the U Class (the bottom engine for you guys too young to identify it) was built in the late Drew Donaldson's workshop over 45 years ago. A serious bit of history.

Timothy was making great progress with that point - a skillful young man!

If someone will tell me how to get piccies off my Smart phone and onto a computer, I'll oblige Richie with a few photos. I tried to attach them to an e-mail, but Microsoft's xxxxxx software failed me!

Yes, please and thank you