N Gauge GNRi Wagons - almost

Rate this topic

GNRi1959

A rather crude attempt at looking remotely GNRi - and I make no claims that either of these are anywhere similar. Just a bit of 'lockdown' fun spraying two Peco wagons with Halfords Light Grey primer and lining with Railtec Transfers. So difficult under the best of lighting and having to get my daughter to show me where things were on the transfer sheet - I could just about see things. Still, fun and nothing to be taken too seriously.

Would I do it again - N-gauge wagons are expensive enough without mucking around with them!

20200515_135908.jpg

Edited by GNRi1959
  • Like 5

I have done a small amount of conversions. I built a NCC brake van using a LNER brake van body. scratch built chassis[ same length as a Hornby 4 wheeler]and plaster card to cover the ends. have to say look very convincing but i lost the model but next time i sea a second hand one i am going to have to get it.

https://www.downrail.co.uk/rolling-stock/ncc-brake-van-33/

Looks great by the way.

Edited by Midland Man

32 minutes ago, GNRi1959 said:

A rather crude attempt at looking remotely GNRi - and I make no claims that either of these are anywhere similar. Just a bit of 'lockdown' fun spraying two Peco wagons with Halfords Light Grey primer and lining with Railtec Transfers. So difficult under the best of lighting and having to get my daughter to show me where things were on the transfer sheet - I could just about see things. Still, fun and nothing to be taken too seriously.

Would I do it again - N-gauge wagons are expensive enough without mucking around with them!

20200515_135908.jpg

Looks very nice indeed for "N", Tony!  Big advantage for fitting more into less space.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

A good start. The main thing is that you are happy with them.

None of my Irish stock is totally authentic but I am happy with them.

MikeO

That's exactly the way to go! Anyone's layout is what they want it to be....

21 minutes ago, GNRi1959 said:

To be honest, I was quite pleased with them. If only I could get the hand of those tiny waterslide transfers!

Tony

I think they look superb, Tony. I'd say Railtech can come up with anything you need transfer-wise, judging by anecdotal evidence here.