JM Design G2 or 650 class

Rate this topic

jhb171achill

53 minutes ago, Galteemore said:

It’s 1954 and we’re just waiting for the Sligo mail to leave....beautiful 

Yip, into the time machine again. When I get to Collooney I will get off and change to the Sligo Leitrim railcar. I'll get out of that at your stop, and Celia will have the newly-baked buttered scones; I remember that very well from over 30 years ago! I might go on to Enniskillen then, to see quality GNR steam!

• Funny 2

Lovely JHB! Make sure you’re finished in time to catch the 7:20 back from EKN - I heard that the bogie passenger coach No 9 was worked back on the mid-morning goods from Sligo so it’s guaranteed to be steam tonight ! 

Edited by Galteemore
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Galteemore said:

Lovely JHB! Make sure you’re finished in time to catch the 7:20 back from EKN - I heard that the bogie passenger coach No 9 was worked back on the mid-morning goods from Sligo so it’s guaranteed to be steam tonight ! 

Can't. I am told there's more scones in the oven. I'll be sleeping on the platform tonight. And there's a pub, and they haven't invented social distancing yet.

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

Hi Jon

Good to see Aurora's big sister (five years older) when she grew up! The loco looks very well in grey and with the newer boiler -  still a Racer!!!!

I've put her away until I can get her chipped and she can then run GAA specials from Cavan when the County is playing Down or Antrim?

We must arrange a meeting of them in Dublin at the next exhibition if we're spared?

Well done New Zealand John - another lovely loco.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Midland Man said:

Never heard of Noo Zealand

It's Dahn Undah!

6 hours ago, Midland Man said:

............. thinking of buying 2 (remember I did say thinking) One being 655 Clonsila in GSR Grey and 654 Clara in CIE Black. What engine did you get? Guessing it's non MGWR condition.Keep us posted. Would like to sea it running.

MM

CIE 650.....   yes, get the wallet out and spend! It's worth it, despite the (OUCH!) €126 hit by the customs for importing it too..............

Actually, if you look at the pics I posted of it at various angles today when I opened it (3pm or so, full daylight) you can see it looks much lighter or darker depending on whether there's direct sunlight on it or not. Such, of course, was the case in real life. Add much workaday gunge and gunk and you can see how assumptions were made of them being black at times.

I notice that Cyril Fry's models contain a couple of grey engines; one is substantially darker than the other! Fry's liveries were mostly extremely meticulous, though he had some of his own little quirks, like most modellers - e.g. GSR 4.8.0T in GSR "Maedb" green!

They look very good indeed and as nobody has been on holiday much, what a splendid way to spend your hard earned. My only criticism is the ugly front coupling, which is pretty much unnecessary and spoils the otherwise handsome front end. Indeed, when not being run, both models merit being on display as fine examples of the model maker's craft. Enjoy!

• Like 2