Stephenson's Rocket Hornby Gauge OO

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Georgeconna said:

No Driver Eoin!

I managed to get my Dad one and myself the Anniversary job in the end. Neither have run yet!

running nice a smooth there too. Its a lovely Model.

@Georgeconna I just gave it it's first run and then back into the box, I plan to make a storage/display case for it with the four coaches and when this is done the driver n fireman will be attached. The box and packaging it came in is pretty good, so good at holding the models firm that I can see it getting damaged taking it in and out - A display case I think is the best solution and then I can look at it while stored on the wall😀

Eoin

Edited by murrayec
  • Like 1

Cool if they developed a DCC sound decoder for this, support it would require a exact replica to be made of the real one to record the sounds from.. Well they did make a couple of locos in the UK like Tornado so who knows what the future will bring...

On 7/31/2020 at 2:42 AM, mmie353 said:

Cool if they developed a DCC sound decoder for this, support it would require a exact replica to be made of the real one to record the sounds from.. Well they did make a couple of locos in the UK like Tornado so who knows what the future will bring...

There is a functioning replica of Rocket, it's at the NRM in York (along with another non-functioning one) and I've had short trip behind her at York Railfest in 2004.

• Like 1