Ballyercall British running days

Rate this topic

NIRCLASS80

22 minutes ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

Every now and then I change the stock on my layout completely over to British rolling stock to enjoy my little collection of models. Hope someone enjoys. 

I very much like that idea. I have a fondness for Black 5s, and the standard British designs. I'm following the progress of the 3MT project over there in the Republic of Cummins with great interest - a perfect "new-build" branch engine. I am also interested in the "rail blue" era, which I recall from a few holidays in the Federation of Boris in 1970-4....  might gather a few blue things at some stage!

Great Pictures, from Ballyercall-in-the-Wolds, County Somerset........!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

I very much like that idea. I have a fondness for Black 5s, and the standard British designs. I'm following the progress of the 3MT project over there in the Republic of Cummins with great interest - a perfect "new-build" branch engine. I am also interested in the "rail blue" era, which I recall from a few holidays in the Federation of Boris in 1970-4....  might gather a few blue things at some stage!

Great Pictures, from Ballyercall-in-the-Wolds, County Somerset........!

I suppose the signalling is the greatest problem but if you use your imagination that Ballyercall is just over the border in Northern Ireland UK standard signalling is ok with both sets of stock!😁

51 minutes ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

I suppose the signalling is the greatest problem but if you use your imagination that Ballyercall is just over the border in Northern Ireland UK standard signalling is ok with both sets of stock!😁

Not really!

You've GNR designs, which are - GNR.... and the NCC's "somersaults". Neither are like the standard British upper quads at all....

Remember, the railways here were all built before the border was, so there's no "British / Irish" divide.

Having said that, the whole Ballyercall looks mighty with either set of rolling stock.........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

Every now and then I change the stock on my layout completely over to British rolling stock to enjoy my little collection of models. Hope someone enjoys. 

C64D260E-ADB1-4F1F-B72D-48C08FE47E13.jpeg

3C1046B2-EFA6-4659-8F60-113447B9E40E.jpeg

5E8272BA-FD72-4B85-96DE-4C1CA6E57CF5.jpeg

Like the 47/4 in large logo with a set of Sealink Mk1s, looks ace.

You scenics and backscene are beautifully done too.

Also like the dual 47/4 vs DBSO scene at the platform. Need to get myself a couple of "Dipsos" for my own layout plus about a million more 47s!

Edited by hexagon789

10 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

Not really!

You've GNR designs, which are - GNR.... and the NCC's "somersaults". Neither are like the standard British upper quads at all....

Remember, the railways here were all built before the border was, so there's no "British / Irish" divide.

Having said that, the whole Ballyercall looks mighty with either set of rolling stock.........

I’m a late eighties early nineties modeller so I can get away with the signals!😂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NIR said:

I like BR blue with a bit of maroon but not enough to inspire anything.

First time I ever went to the Adjacent Island of Narra-gauge things, there were still quite a few green diesels and maroon coaches to be seen among the sea of "Rail Blue" - interesting times.

Where I was, long trains all of Mk 1 coaches, and even longer loose-coupled goods trains.... very interesting times.

And now they have gaudily-coloured plastic tubes, in which you pay the price of a detached house in Ballsbridge to travel in a seat designed for a nine-year-old of unusually small build, with no window to look through at overgrown bushes, graffiti, security fencing, concrete walls, crumpled supermarket trollies and burst black bin-liners and old mattresses.

Just like the approach to Islandbridge Junction, in fact, or bits of the Belfast Central line....

Gimme the Ffestiniog, North York Moors, Swanage or Worth Valley lines any day!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Robert Shrives said:

CIE motive power shortage solved to the enjoyment of hoover fans !  Great to be able to ring the changes Layout now in Devon/ Cornwall ... 

Robert  

Believe my Irish stock runs 95% of the time but just every now and then mu love of Class 50’s need to be followed. 

• Like 1

On 12/9/2020 at 8:42 PM, NIRCLASS80 said:

No complaints here. I have a small collection of BR locos myself (looking forward to the Accurascale Deltic!) and I often mothball the Irish stuff to give them a run.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...