Fleischmann HO Profi Track production ended

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, connollystn said:

It has been announced that the production of the Fleischmann HO Profi Track has ceased. It's news to me as I thought that they had stopped producing all HO related model railway items since 2019. Sad to see the demise of a once great model railway manufacturer.

Did they not rationalise product lines with Roco who took over HO?

Both Roco and Fleischmann are now owned by Modelleisenbahn GmbH. A few years ago they took the decision to have each brand focus on a specific scale, so Roco is now the brand catering for HO scale products while Fleischmann is exclusively N scale. It's possible the Profi track may reappear as a Roco product.

• Like 2

I had a look around the German speaking interweb and if the information I found is correct there won't be any new Profigleis anytime soon. A guy said the machine is broken (presumably) during the move of production to Romania.

"Nachtrag Oktober 2018: Die Produktion des H0 profi-Gleises wird nach dem Umzug der Formen nach Rumänien aus technischen Gründen nicht wieder aufgenommen. Die Fertigungsanlage ist wohl defekt. Es gibt aber noch großen Lagerbestand im Handel."

https://www.modellbahn.net/index.php/startseite/news-modellbahn/335-fleischmann-h0-wird-2019-eingestellt

Edited by murphaph

9 hours ago, Garfield said:

Both Roco and Fleischmann are now owned by Modelleisenbahn GmbH. A few years ago they took the decision to have each brand focus on a specific scale, so Roco is now the brand catering for HO scale products while Fleischmann is exclusively N scale. It's possible the Profi track may reappear as a Roco product.

Both companies up for sale again apparently.