static Grass Applicator

Rate this question

kevrail

Question

11 answers to this question

I have used the one pictured above and the Noch Grassmaster. Although the Noch is more expensive if you want the proper results its the way to go as for the cheaper system you will get certain results but it ain't got the power of the more expensive system and won't give you as good of results. Also the cheaper system struggles to cope with longer grass fibres. At the end of the day it's what you can afford and what results you want to achieve.

I bought one the same as that shown in the picture above and, although it could have just been my operation of it, I didn't get great results and just reverted to the static grass shaker bottle which gave better results. It can also give you a nasty shock which wakes you up a bit :D

Picked this static grass applicator up on eBay two years ago for €15. Worked a treat tonight.

Static_Grass_Applicator_01.jpg

Don't forget to ground the mesh when finished and it's turned off to discharge the remaining static electricity or you might get a nice little shock that makes a cattle fencer seem like a tickle :)

Edited by Noel

Beg, borrow or steal because static grass is a huge improvement over scatter in 4mm scale or larger.

The Flock it is the top of the range machine and superb. However, smaller, cheaper versions are not to be sniffed at while the Noch puffer bottles are extremely good for tight corners.

Yes static grass is a new experience for me. Very impressed with the whole concept and was surprised how well it worked. The €15 Chinese rip off I bought on eBay has worked well so far and it is about the same size as the €150 noch. I knew it could have been a risk but worth a punt at that price - and it works.