071 on the IWT liner.

Rate this topic

Great photo Noel. I bet you spent the whole day just looking at her :o

Sure did Anthony-after shunting the liner to the through road to make way for 081 on the DFDS CPW liner and 230 on the second IWT liner' date='071 was uncoupled and conveniently placed across from the station platform for more photos...

image-790833201.jpg

Sure did Anthony-after shunting the liner to the through road to make way for 081 on the DFDS CPW liner and 230 on the second IWT liner,071 was uncoupled and conveniently placed across from the station platform for more photos...

[ATTACH]7064[/ATTACH]

Noel, did it go on to the Crossmolina siding? I've never seen a loco at the Belmullet road end of the siding, only at the station end. You can sometimes get a wee glimpse through the fence at the end of the stub, and I've only ever seen wagons at that end. If you have any photos from down that end, it's be great to see them!

Noel' date=' did it go on to the Crossmolina siding? I've never seen a loco at the Belmullet road end of the siding, only at the station end. You can sometimes get a wee glimpse through the fence at the end of the stub, and I've only ever seen wagons at that end. If you have any photos from down that end, it's be great to see them![/quote']

Vincent,the only loco that has gone to the end of that siding was 218 a few years ago when the track was relayed and after being packed by a tamper the loco was used to bed the track in-doing a few runs up and down the siding,

Prior to that 071/141/121 locos would push down a two axle oil tanker with fuel for the Bus Eireann garage about half way along to discharge fuel into two large tanks.

I'll have a look for that photo of 218

Vincent,the only loco that has gone to the end of that siding was 218 a few years ago when the track was relayed and after being packed by a tamper the loco was used to bed the track in-doing a few runs up and down the siding,

Prior to that 071/141/121 locos would push down a two axle oil tanker with fuel for the Bus Eireann garage about half way along to discharge fuel into two large tanks.

I'll have a look for that photo of 218

Ah right, thanks very much for the info! The photo would be great!

Thanks to your tip off' date=' I got to see 071 (or whatever it's called now :confused: ) on Friday. :) The new livery does look better in the flesh. Did they park it there along the platform specifically to show it off?[/quote']

Glad you got to see 071,

It was a suggestion from me to park the loco there so that people could see the loco from the safety of the platform,

Well today 071 worked a 11:50 Ballina-Westport light engine movement and is now coupled to the timber train at Westport.....

image-2136967930.jpg