Irish Rail book

Rate this question

iarnrod

Question

I'm looking for the name of an Irish Rail pictorial book that was released maybe 10 years or so ago. If I remember correctly it had a picture of an 001 Class in Drogheda on the cover. Anyone any ideas what it was called. It's not the Iarnrod Eireann 20 years of progress book, but was a similar size and format to that one. Thanks.

17 answers to this question

Irish Metro vick diesels by Barry Carse?

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Irish-Metro-Vick-Diesels-Barry-Carse/9781898392156

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12368[/ATTACH]

No, it's not either of them lads. I could be mistaken about the cover, but it was a pictorial type book, in the same format as the Iarnrod Eireann book by Tom Ferris. But thanks anyway lads.

No, it's not either of them lads. I could be mistaken about the cover, but it was a pictorial type book, in the same format as the Iarnrod Eireann book by Tom Ferris. But thanks anyway lads.

I've been racking my brains - I know the book you mean - by two (or three?) guys, if memory serves. I'll ask my pal who I seel with tomorrow and give you a heads-up after the weekend.

Leslie

I've been racking my brains - I know the book you mean - by two (or three?) guys, if memory serves. I'll ask my pal who I seel with tomorrow and give you a heads-up after the weekend.

Leslie

Thanks Leslie. It's not From CIE to IR book either. The one I'm thinking of must be published about 10 years at this stage.

Irish Railways Traction & Travel produced a number of editions?

True, there were four editions. The first (around 1987, I think) had a photo of an A class on the cover, the second had an NIR Hunslet and MV, the third had a brand new 201 in Canada, and the last had a loco line-up at Inchicore.

Thanks for the replies lads, but it's not that one. It was a smaller format like the Iarnrod Eireann book by Tom Ferris. Did any other book cover wagons apart from Locomotives and Rolling Stock of CIE and NIR by Doyle and Hirsch?

Is this what you are looking for ?

Irish Locomotives & Rolling Stock book (1997 edition) written by Andrew Marshall & Peter Jones.

Its the 2nd one down on this page.

http://www.irishtractiongroup.com/merchandise.htm