Ulster Model Railway Club

Rate this topic

The Derry Road

I was at this show last year and met up with Kieran (Kirley) for the first time. Despite modelling for over 40 years,it is the one and only show I here ever attended in Ireland. I would highly recommend a visit,would love to have been able to make it this year,especially with the appearance of Bleach Green,but it will not be possible unfortunately.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't make Saturday as originally planned, but got up today. Highlight of course was seeing Bleach Green, the current BRM piece serving as a nice appetite-whetter. Well no, the highlight was being invited behind the scnes and meeting Colm and Ken whose layouts and stock - and a certain Irish DMU book by the former - account for about 90% of my motivation in returning to the hobby in the last couple of years. Being able to see and snap a fiddle-yard full fo NIR & UTA stock was not to be forgotten. Will post the pics on Flikr; in the meantime here are some of Bleach green, the other outstanding local layout 'Lisburn' and some O Gauge GNR(I).

P1040273s.jpg

P1040276s.jpg

P1040210s.jpg

P1040210.jpg

P1040213.jpg

P1040218s.jpg

P1040240s.jpg

P1040239s.jpg

P1040269s.jpg

P1040271s.jpg

Edited by 33lima